• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Eagles at Panthers GameDay Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Herb said:

Not having the best player in the nfl active has a pretty big impact. Panthers at full strength are certainly a playoff team. But no Christian, no horn, no Thompson.. having 3x the turnovers and barely losing…

Barely losing? The Eagles came from behind and took the win away from the Panthers. Even at full strength, the Panthers are not a playoff team. The Oline is too bad and some of us said they shouldn't have signed Erving and Elf on the first day of free agency. Even fully healthy, the Oline didn't look good.

Sam is probably not the long term answer at QB either. I said when Sam was traded for, he should get this chance they are giving him. Early returns were promising, but he has looked pretty bad the more games are played. Like David Carr all those years ago, maybe Sam's time in NY ruined him as a starter.

7 minutes ago, Herb said:

Not having the best player in the nfl active has a pretty big impact. Panthers at full strength are certainly a playoff team. But no Christian, no horn, no Thompson.. having 3x the turnovers and barely losing…

CMC wasn't going to stop that poo show today.  Hubbard played and ran well.  Darnold played like poo, OL played like poo, and the defense fuging folded like a lawn chair bought off the top of a grocery store freezer.

Joe Brady is the problem (not that I absolve Darnold today, because he was terrible too). I have never seen such terrible situational play calls during in my life with this level of talent on offense. We don't throw to Marshall at all, Robby is.....idk what Robby is right now but he's flat out terrible with his route running and has been lazy . Hubbard was getting yards all game and we decide to get pass happy when it's clear as day the interior was not handling the twist stunts well and giving up immediate pressure. DJ had Slay on him, but there is a way to create mismatches to free him up. No drag routes, no quick slants, no screens on the edges to take advantage of the soft zones the Eagles were playing. None of this makes any sense for someone who is supposed to be an offensive prodigy or whatever he's supposed to be.

We are the most obvious team in the NFL on 3rd down and situational play calls because the coordinator thinks that this is LSU and we're in the SEC. We don't have the O-Line to act as if we can do what we want, even if you know it's coming. We can't walk into games and run the game plan without having to make adjustments at halftime. Overall, this is the problem with designing an entire offense around C-Mac because without him, nothing has looked particularly good the past 2 weeks, including Darnold. If Brady cannot adjust, then he needs to go and have Sean Ryan take over playcalling.

Edited by roaddog96

Secondaries are starting to straight squat on our intermediate routes. For the most part, appears Brady doesn’t believe we have the horses on the O-line, probably specifically on the interior, to allow us to counter vertically. I’d be willing to bet that Robby after that last interception was pissed it wasn’t a go route because the DB’s are squaring them up and flat-footed. 

It’s a problem without a clear answer in the zero-sum context of the NFL. Starting O-Line are not being passed around the league; they’re highly coveted. I say at least dial up some shots with max protection just to show the vertical. Maybe even see what Marshall can do in that respect given what he did in college.

CMC certainly tilts the equation because he’ll still regularly win in the tighter windows. At the end of the day, every other phase of the team is ahead of the rebuilding curve. Just have to hope the young dudes develop and management applies our limited resources towards addressing it in the offseason. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Honestly, whether he could step up into it or not, that first throw was just a bad decision.  DJ was bracketed.  Now, he may have forced it because he's comfortable with DJ and is feeling pressure before it's there so he just tried it, but none of them should've been thrown, imo.  

That being said, I 100%, completely agree with you on John Miller.  I dont just want him benched, I want him released.  I dont give a flying poo...  there is absolutely no way Jordan or Brown could be worse than this guy.  Promote both of them and get Miller off of this fuging roster.

He was throwing off his back foot a lot today as well.  He regressed in this game but the lineand the dropsdidn'thelp matters.  The film review will not be good for him.

The offense as a whole we just not in rhythm at all.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He was throwing off his back foot a lot today as well.  He regressed in this game but the lineand the dropsdidn'thelp matters.  The film review will not be good for him.

The offense as a whole we just not in rhythm at all.

Those pockets were collapsing faster than they did last year. And I thought we had a terrible O-line then. This one, boy it stinks. It takes more time to run around those sides of beef than it does just to run right at them and destroy their blocks.

Darnold, had he had any clean pockets today, would be deserving of more ire. He was at his safest during a naked bootleg... far, far away from his own line. And did anyone see even one friggin screen pass?

Was that Brady up in the booth calling plays or was it take your kid to work day and he was letting Jr. pick plays based on the pretty pictures. Said it last year and into this one, the guy got famous for one frikkin' season in college. That never plays out well in the NFL.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

What changes are left to make? I mean....seriously?

Fitterer already said that we cannot acquire anyone via trade. The bed has been made and we just simply have to lie in it.

It's mostly upsetting because of how insanely predictable it was. Anyone with any sense could see this coming from a mile away. 

I love the defense they have built. It is far, far, far, far better than I ever imagined it being. I just wish we had been much wiser with our draft and FA moves on that offensive line. Any improvements at all would have been huge.

How about actually playing more of the young players and sitting Miller and/or Paradis?  Move Moton back to RT and Christenson to LT. You have to light the fire under the vets and put them on notice that their crappy play is unacceptable. 

In addition to the above, Rhule has to have some serious conversations with Brady about his ineptitude in key situations. They had a chance to really put some distance with some points before the half, but he went into an idiocy shell and let the momentum get away. We all know the 3rd Q is bad, but to let that bleed into 2nd Q is awful. 

1 minute ago, 33inNC said:

How about actually playing more of the young players and sitting Miller and/or Paradis?  Move Moton back to RT and Christenson to LT. You have to light the fire under the vets and put them on notice that their crappy play is unacceptable. 

In addition to the above, Rhule has to have some serious conversations with Brady about his ineptitude in key situations. They had a chance to really put some distance with some points before the half, but he went into an idiocy shell and let the momentum get away. We all know the 3rd Q is bad, but to let that bleed into 2nd Q is awful. 

I am all for the youth movement in the OL but we also need to be prepared for the fact that they may not be better than the bad vets they are replacing. This isn't the Ron Rivera staff.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Hubbard should not have 30 plus touches and DJ and Robbie have 7 between them, I just don’t get giving a average back up RB that many touches.Rhule has to learn this is the NFL not college quit saving our best offense weapon for the games you might need him when we need him today. If we’re going to baby CMC then trade him now while he has value.

37 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Barely losing? The Eagles came from behind and took the win away from the Panthers. Even at full strength, the Panthers are not a playoff team. The Oline is too bad and some of us said they shouldn't have signed Erving and Elf on the first day of free agency. Even fully healthy, the Oline didn't look good.

Sam is probably not the long term answer at QB either. I said when Sam was traded for, he should get this chance they are giving him. Early returns were promising, but he has looked pretty bad the more games are played. Like David Carr all those years ago, maybe Sam's time in NY ruined him as a starter.

Yes barely losing, they are super lucky it was a safety and not a td.