• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 6 Pass Blocking grades

SgtJoo

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, but due to voided years on his contract, we still pay him after he's out the door.  Ouch and DOUBLE ouch.

This is one of the rare times I just don't care about having to pay someone to not play.  And I'm not really one for calling for jobs normally - but fug that guy.  Seriously.  He can pound sand.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

He should have never been signed to top 10 C pay. He was injured. Stated injury still affected him over and over. The Broncos let him go for a reason. Big men don’t heal. Yet Hurney swoops in stumbling over himself with a ridiculous contract.

All of our GMs obsess over spending top dollar on trash linemen in FA. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

How many times has this franchise given golden parachute deals to shitty players who should have been out of the league after their previous stop?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Darnold is ass too.

I honestly don't feel bad for him. How many people can say they've gotten wealthy from a job they're terrible at? 

CarefreePlayfulEastrussiancoursinghounds

Hmmm, I thought this was a historically bad take.  I mean Hurney funded a lot of retirement plans for marginal/injury-riddled/washed up players.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Erving played well considering he was beside Jordan.

Did he play well or did he catch a break?  Why go around the edge when you can apply pressure straight up the gut?   I say we move Erving to LG, Moton to LT and Christensen to RT.    You can only continue to beat your head against the wall so many times before real damage is done.  Stop the freaking insanity!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Did he play well or did he catch a break?  Why go around the edge when you can apply pressure straight up the gut?   I say we move Erving to LG, Moton to LT and Christensen to RT.    You can only continue to beat your head against the wall so many times before real damage is done.  Stop the freaking insanity!

Moton looked awful on the left. 

Erving to LG, and Christensen to LT. Keep Moton on the right.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Honestly he has played decent all year. Looks like Miller is still capable so I agree with getting BC out there. Moton, Erving, BC, Miller, and Elf (if healthy) should be out there playing.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No wonder when Sam has to bail, he does so to the right side of the line.  Yikes!

Actually a lot of his bail outs have been to his left, which compromises his throwing ability downfield.  They should design roll outs to the right, as he does often make good throws on the run.

We can work with the right side. I think we could work with it overall if not for Paradis. I tried to tell people this spring but most seemed to think center was good for some delusional reason. I could almost look past the Erving and Elflein contracts if we hadn't gambled the middle of the line on Paradis and Tecklenburg. But to do all of this with Sam Darnold is just asking for trouble and here we are.