• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where's the evidence they can build a program? We keep making idiotic decisions at QB. We continue to neglect the OL.  Our veteran acquisitions this offseason look awful. Our rookie class looks not great. This team is worse than last year's.

When they made the decision to move on from bridgewater they should have had a good idea how they were going to upgrade that position.

Instead the plan was to practically beg stafford to come. When he said no we were stuck with darnold. Just another example of the hubris of this staff.  

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I ain't even mad at Darnold. He is who I thought he was. I just can't figure out how or why our brain trust convinced themselves he was the answer.

Why the hell did our brain trust pick up his 5th year option. It's like we didn't learn anything from the Teddy debacle!

People are speaking to giving it more time but you need to see a clear upward trajectory. We were for a bit with him but it looks completely stalled and our offense is going backwards. If he can’t figure out how to get it back on track and get us looking like a competent NFL team then he should be gone. Today was a straw broken to the point where he’s officially on a hot seat IMO

• Pie 3

I’ve always thought he was in over his head, but when we were up 26-7 on the Saints late in the fourth quarter and CMC was still in the game getting carries and taking hits, it solidified it for me. 

Your primary weapon is taking shots in a meaningless spot with a win wrapped up coming off a year where he was injured and also coming off years where he has been run into the ground. 

It’s just a complete lack of awareness, which is something a good head coach simply doesn’t have. 

• Pie 1

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

When they made the decision to move on from bridgewater they should have had a good idea how they were going to upgrade that position.

Instead the plan was to practically beg stafford to come. When he said no we were stuck with darnold. Just another example of the hubris of this staff.  

Yep. When Stafford was like, "LOL! No thanks." it seems like we panicked. Had we stayed patient we would've landed Darnold for considerably less. Having no fallback plan with no legit backup was a huge mistake. End up getting Darnold for say a 3rd, then toss the Jags that 6th to get Minshew to have a legit fallback plan. Honestly, if we had a legit backup, I think Sam would've gotten the hook last week and the backup would've gone into today's game as the starter with a full week's preparation. We've see  enough from Sam to know he's not the answer and now we have to stomach eating that 5th year option that we picked up for some reason I'd like to see someone ask Rhule and Fitts about just to watch them squirm.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Panthers must've been living in a fantasy land believing Stafford would throw away the rest of his career in Carolina after wasting his best years in Detroit.

It all goes back to poor/no planning. If they wanted to suck they could have stuck with Teddy this season. Hell I’m not sure that we wouldn’t be 5-2/6-1 right now if we had Teddy as our QB. But we chose to move on with no plan in place. Ended up settling for poo. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I haven't and I want until I see what the team looks like next year. Year 3 is usually the year for coaches, and it will only be year 2 for our GM and we have cap space finally. The results of this offseason along with the product on the field will determine his fate. Better fix that line

Please provide any information to support “year 3 is usually the year for coaches”. That’s completely fabricated just to support your support for him. If a coach doesn’t turn things around year 1/2, they’re usually out the door. 

edit: maybe due to the dumb 💩 contract we gave him, year 3 would make sense ***IF things were trending in the right direction which they clearly are not

Edited by Knaakedup
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where's the evidence they can build a program? We keep making idiotic decisions at QB. We continue to neglect the OL.  Our veteran acquisitions this offseason look awful. Our rookie class looks not great. This team is worse than last year's.

The free agent QB market was dildos.

The QB that everyone was saying we should have drafted is dildos.

So what do you propose could have been done better, armchair GM with the benefit of hindsight?

It's the same thing with the OL conversation. The free agent offensive lineman were dildos. They're not doing any better.

You can't just manifest players because you want them. They have to be available. Or you have to develop them. Or in the case of Stafford, there has to be enough talent in place for them to WANT to play here. And there just isn't. And that's a problem Rhule inherited from the previous 2 GMs, not one of his own doing. It's going to take time considering we're starting the QB and OL pipeline from scratch. 

And WTF are you talking about with our rookie class. Horn was a stud before his injury and will be a stud. Brady looks promising at LT. Tremble is going to be our starting TE for a decade. And the rest could all emerge as starters. This is still one of the best draft classes in recent memory in terms of short and long term contribution.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

It all goes back to poor/no planning. If they wanted to suck they could have stuck with Teddy this season. Hell I’m not sure that we wouldn’t be 5-2/6-1 right now if we had Teddy as our QB. But we chose to move on with no plan in place. Ended up settling for poo. 

When Teddy publicly criticized Rhule's coaching staff he was a dead QB throwing.

The harsh reality of the NFL has humbled Tepper's and Rhule's arrogance today.

They may both be smart men, but they aren't NFL smart, not yet anyway.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1