• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Gonna need quite a bit when we can't afford to pay Burns, Donte, Reddick, etc. Damn near allowed 600 yards to the Vikings...

Burns is in his third year, at least 2 more years before you have to pay him and yet to make a pro bowl. Reddick is manageable with the increasing cap, donte may be odd man out but considering us trading and drafting for some many corners lately thats a move you should be comfortable with more than any other position on team. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

From Scott Fowler's article on the possibility of a trade for Watson:

In pragmatic terms, I could see Watson’s legal issues taking a season or two to resolve. More importantly, in human terms, it’s not the right move for the Panthers. With all of those outstanding accusations, is that really the message your organization should be sending? A win-at-all-costs, damn-the-torpedoes course of action? It shouldn’t be.

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

I think if we do somehow end up getting him, then Tepper will have done his homework with the league and verified that there is no suspension on the horizon.  He does not strike me as the type of guy to just hope it goes his way in a situation like this where the stakes are so high. 

That's fair.

I trust Fitter.

Edited by Madwolf
  • Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Mage said:

Deshaun Watson is going to play football again.  That is a 100% fact.  So we should be okay with the league letting him play, just as long as he doesn't play for our team?  Because that is what it boils down to.  

I don't care if he ever plays another down of football.   Some things are bigger than a damn football game.  He is a dumbass at the very least and a sexual predator at worst.  I will never watch that dude play.

• Beer 4

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't care if he ever plays another down of football.   Some things are bigger than a damn football game.  He is a dumbass at the very least and a sexual predator at worst.  I will never watch that dude play.

Even if it ends up on the dumbass side? Lot of dumbasses out there on the field and in the world. Gotta let that slide man. Now if its on the sexual predator side, yeah I understand. But you'll never watch him guilty or innocent? Well regardless that's your decision right lol