• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

do we think the watson trade is announced today (10/26)

DJ feed me moore

yes or no  

127 members have voted

1. 1. watson trade today

• yes he is traded to the panthers/dolphins today
    • no he is not traded today

10 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

And if it doesn't work it has the ability to go so sideways and wrong that it directly leads to Tepper moving the team to another market for a new start.

💯

I've always maintained the odds of Tepper ever moving the team are exactly 0.00%...

...but you have a point here and bringing Mr. Whip-It-Out on-board could start a cascade of events leading to the departure of the team.

It would be an extreme outcome but when assessing "worst case" scenarios most folks are never able to assess what's truly entailed in the "worst case"...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

anyone that thinks/says Watson will not get suspended based on the charges is a moron. Zeek was not guilty - suspended. big ben didnt even have charges against him and was suspended 6 games. 

I think everyone knows he is going to get suspended.  The idea is that doesn't happen until 2022, while they decide to let him play out this season while his legal troubles play out.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

the NFL has put plenty of folks on the list that weren't charged 

they can do whatever they want with it.  If an irrelvant team suggests they are going to play him....social media, TV sports talk, the media will be all over it.    That means as we head into the NFL playoffs....you think the NFL is going to let Watson and some bad team take all the attention at that point in the season.  That's bad business.

NFL will want people to be hyping up and talkking about Brady, Super Bowl, playoffs.    Not talking about Watson and a really bad football team. 

True. And we'll also give the refs another reason to screw us over.

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

the NFL has put plenty of folks on the list that weren't charged 

they can do whatever they want with it.  If an irrelvant team suggests they are going to play him....social media, TV sports talk, the media will be all over it.    That means as we head into the NFL playoffs....you think the NFL is going to let Watson and some bad team take all the attention at that point in the season.  That's bad business.

NFL will want people to be hyping up and talkking about Brady, Super Bowl, playoffs.    Not talking about Watson and a really bad football team. 

I don't think these trades are coming together as they are if the NFL hasn't assured a team Watson can play this year.  Sports media is already talking about him a ton with the impending trade.  If they wanted to shut that down, they put him on the exempt list now.

21 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Imagine complaining about the biggest college football fanbase in NC and SC taking interest in the franchise when we have every opposing fanbase taking over our stadium.

P.S. Clemson fans don't sit down on 3rd down 😉

Clemson trash this season. Just the beginning. 

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Clemson trash this season. Just the beginning. 

Trash now equals…failing to pull off a 7th straight conference title and 7th straight college football playoff appearance.  

mighty high bar other fanbases are setting.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

While he is far and away the most successful owner in Charlotte pro-sports history...

Tepper may be the most wealthy Charlotte pro sports owner, but MJ is the most successful. Jordan is not only a billionaire, he's a cultural icon, and widely considered the greatest ever to do what made him famous. Oh yeah, Jordan has led the Hornets to grow in worth from less than 300 million to over 1.5 billion as of 2020 while his franchise was considered one of the worst in pro sports for the majority of that time.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Tepper may be the most wealthy Charlotte pro sports owner, but MJ is the most successful.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying...

...George Shinn is far and away the most successful...

...assumes you see wins & losses as the proper measuring stick.

Mike Jordan challenges James Dolan for worst owner in pro sports LOL.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying...

...George Shinn is far and away the most successful...

...assumes you see wins & losses as the proper measuring stick.

Mike Jordan challenges James Dolan for worst owner in pro sports LOL.

Did you not write: 

While he is far and away the most successful owner in Charlotte pro-sports history...

...George Shinn is the most reviled by a long-shot.

What you wrote had zero to do with wins and losses. Your first sentence was pure hero worship for Tepper with nothing to back it up except the man's financial worth.

Jordan's Hornets has also been trending up the last three years whereas Tepper's Panthers are trending down.

24 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't think these trades are coming together as they are if the NFL hasn't assured a team Watson can play this year.  Sports media is already talking about him a ton with the impending trade.  If they wanted to shut that down, they put him on the exempt list now.

IMO, as long as Hou is doing the job for them, the NFL isn’t to say a word on Watson. 

they certainly aren’t  going to promise a team they will or won’t do something once Hou puts it in their lap.   Variables that don’t exist now will start to form.