• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade one of our two 5th round picks for Minshew right now…..

WarPanthers89

Hell, I and others were saying it all offseason. He was arguably superior to Sam, but Sam was the 1st rounder and Minshew a 6th. Several analytical categories indicated that Minshew was the better bet. Unfortunately, Rhule was thinking squarely inside the box, and now we're screwed again (lost draft picks and 18 mil) because of it.

2 hours ago, Call Me James said:

It's too late for that. The premise behind that argument was to setup a competition in the off-season. 

Instead Sam was given the reigns, a contract extension, and the freedom to not play much at all the entire preseason. 

Same poo they did with Teddy. Which is why Teddy picked us over a potentially much better fit for him in Chicago.  

And I agree, if we were gonna get Minshew, it should've been done in the offseason to allow for a legit QB competition in camp.  And for the record, I think Minshew is and always has been a pro QB, which is more than I can say for Darnold.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Wanted him over Sam, bump any thread and theres plenty of me saying the same over and over.  

Rhule was scared that Minshew would have won over the players and made the 2nd, 4th, 5th draft picks for Sam look like a waste. 

Me too. Would have been nice to swap firsts and land one of their seconds and Minshew. Of course we would have needed to use one of those picks  on a lineman. Not sure when that’s going to happen.

• Beer 1

We should have, cheaper option with more upside. 

Now it's send Darnold to the meat grinder weekly and see if we can find a Minshaw/Tubursky-esk guy to sign in the offseason or send Sam back out as a sacrifice for a true tank season in  2022.