• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where Are We Really -- One Season and 7 Games Into It...

SetfreexX

6 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

I appreciated the optimism and I believe they are on schedule for the rebuild.  They got a little ahead of themselves out of the gate, but if you look at the roster and who is signed for 2022, there is room for optimism.

I don't think we will be very active in Free Agency.  They will use most of their 44m is cap to sign their own guys - Gilmore, Luvu, Burris, maybe Reddick and Jones.  Jackson and Carter will probably walk and we'll pick up some comp picks.

Almost everyone that's decent on offense is signed through 2022.  DJ will be extended and Paradis will be gone.  I believe that's why Erving and Elflein were given longer contracts - they knew this would take more than 2 drafts to fix.

They will try to turn their 1 and 6 into 2 and 3 and use them on a C and LB.  Look for an OG in the 4th, a some combination of DT, T, TE, RB, K over the rest of the draft.  This would complete the roster turnover into Rhule's vision.

QB is still an issue, but we really don't know how good or bad darnold is with this crappy OL and without CMC.  We may look to upgrade QB in free agency, but I think they will just bring in some grizzled vet like Flacco or Foles for competition.  The goal being to make a wildcard.

I think 2023 will be when the seat for Rhule and company may begin to heat.

7 wins in 2021.  10 wins in 2022.  11+ wins in 2023 and beyond.  

Who is playing QB to get us to 10 wins next year? People who think this team is on track keep ignoring this for some reason. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I think people laugh at it, because it's rooted in blind optimism and denial of reality.

The only people who are denying reality are the ones who were expecting us to be a top playoff team. As the op alluded to most people realistically believed our ceiling to be at MOST 9 wins and I still think we scrape out 7/8 *if CMC remains healthy*. The reality is we’ve drastically gotten much younger and much faster as a whole. Our defense is wayyyy better and if we had a competent oline/qb they’d look even better because they aren’t gassed. The giants game was a let down and I was sitting in BOA during the eagles takeover….I’m not some noob fan. I’m just not going to be all doom and gloom and gloss over the fact that we’ve drastically improved our talent on this team. We’re 1.5 years into a rebuild and y’all are losing your minds that we’re not looking like a playoff team yet. Our very own owner told us it was going to take time. Some of y’all need to take a step back and look at the big picture. And even more need a hobby. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Appreciate the optimism. We are indeed on schedule for the No. 1 overall pick.

I honestly wouldn't categorize this as optimism. He's being very thorough and more of a realist. 

Your take on being schedule for the No. 1 overall pick on the other hand, that's being optimistic, because clearly, the Panthers will get on a winning streak towards the end of the season when all is already fuging lost and you have nothing but fuging moral victories to massage egos that they will definitely lose that No. 1 overall pick in typical Carolina Panthers fashion... 

7 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

The only people who are denying reality are the ones who were expecting us to be a top playoff team. As the op alluded to most people realistically believed our ceiling to be at MOST 9 wins and I still think we scrape out 7/8 *if CMC remains healthy*. The reality is we’ve drastically gotten much younger and much faster as a whole. Our defense is wayyyy better and if we had a competent oline/qb they’d look even better because they aren’t gassed. The giants game was a let down and I was sitting in BOA during the eagles takeover….I’m not some noob fan. I’m just not going to be all doom and gloom and gloss over the fact that we’ve drastically improved our talent on this team. We’re 1.5 years into a rebuild and y’all are losing your minds that we’re not looking like a playoff team yet. Our very own owner told us it was going to take time. Some of y’all need to take a step back and look at the big picture. And even more need a hobby. 

Rebuilds generally mean you get better as time goes on, not worse.

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I honestly wouldn't categorize this as optimism. He's being very thorough and more of a realist. 

Your take on being schedule for the No. 1 overall pick on the other hand, that's being optimistic, because clearly, the Panthers will get on a winning streak towards the end of the season when all is already fuging lost and you have nothing but fuging moral victories to massage egos that they will definitely lose that No. 1 overall pick in typical Carolina Panthers fashion... 

This theory that the Panthers go on late winning streaks went out of style YEARS ago. 

Since David Tepper bought the team, we're 3-21 in the second half of the season.

• Flames 1