• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam in our system in this team right now

musicman

If we switched Darnold and Prescott like the movie "Trading places", would Darnold play better with Dallas's O-line, RBs and WRs? Absolutely! Not at Dak's level. And Dak would not play at his level with this team and the play calling, but would be better than Sam. We do have to give Sam a chance. Injuries did change things from the start of the season. O-line has regressed. The drops are like Covid spreading to everyone. And the defensive injuries are taking their toll.

I'm sure the playbook is limited as this was his first year and we lost plays from training camp and preseason without CMC. The Panthers tried to find a QB (Stafford). They were in on Watson until it fell apart. When they hired Rhule, Tepper said this might be a 3 to 5 years building process. And I don't fault the team for trying this, trading for that person or the constant changes as they're trying to see what works. If everybody could make every move perfectly work out, then every team would be champions. Most moves don't work out. Part is timing. You need the right players playing at their top performance level at the same time and staying healthily - see 2015 Panthers.

Unless some great deal falls in their lap, I see them rolling with Darnold next year while either developing a newly drafted QB or just building around him. As great as Mahomes is, the team is still losing because he doesn't have the players around him playing well. Anyway, we can't do anything right now and either can the Panthers so let's wait and see. 

• Pie 6
  • Poo 1

Sam's got 10 games to make a case for staying, for better or worse. And Joe Brady has about the same lifespan here.

If somehow Brady can dial up some plays and protection, it'd help them both. 

If the defense can get some turnovers and shorten the field, that'd help.

If Darnold would just get out of his own way, that'd help.

If the receivers would just catch balls that hit them right in their hands (both hands!!!), it'd go a long way to helping. 

If CMC would get healthy, that'd help immensely. 

None of these things seems at thought to be impossible, and yet, here we are.

Coach Rhule needs to do some coaching for his players and staff. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Sam's got 10 games to make a case for staying, for better or worse. And Joe Brady has about the same lifespan here.

If somehow Brady can dial up some plays and protection, it'd help them both. 

If the defense can get some turnovers and shorten the field, that'd help.

If Darnold would just get out of his own way, that'd help.

If the receivers would just catch balls that hit them right in their hands (both hands!!!), it'd go a long way to helping. 

If CMC would get healthy, that'd help immensely. 

None of these things seems at thought to be impossible, and yet, here we are.

Coach Rhule needs to do some coaching for his players and staff. 

Yep if Dolphins don’t sign Watson by deadline, look for panthers to go after Watson this off-season.

Stop. Sam is terrible. A big part of Dak's success is getting the ball out very quickly - among the fastest in the NFL. A big part of Darnold's problem is that he holds the ball too long if he can't hit his initial read. He takes too long to come off of that read and then it's panic mode. If they swapped places, Dak would still look good here. Probably not AS good but pretty damn good and Darnold would still look like trash in Dallas. Probably not AS trashy but still pretty damn trashy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, musicman said:

As great as Mahomes is, the team is still losing because he doesn't have the players around him playing well.

I appreciate your Trading Places reference but my goodness can we please stop with this. Sam Darnold is playing the same way he has going all the way back to USC.

• Pie 2

Sam would probably play better than Dak. People have always trashed the QB here but never trashed the Coordinators or coaching. Somehow it's always the QBs fault. What legit coaching staff goes into a season with backups at every position on the offensive line but one? Then what coaching staff bring a project QB with zero back up plan into a season? I said well maybe they know something I don't. Well I guess they don't. 

• Beer 2