• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Of all the QBs we might look into, there's one name you should keep on your radar

Ricky Spanish

14 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

No. This team has 3 options right now.

1. Draft a QB and hand them the keys

2. Trade for or sign a franchise QB (Rodgers, Wilson, etc.)

3. Trot out PJ Walker or whatever bum we find, and repeat until 1 or 2 is achieved. 

I think there is only one option.  Draft a tackle.   Roll out Sam one more year and in 2022 make your move for a rookie qb in the draft.  It’s the only viable way to build this team.  

14 hours ago, CRA said:

PJ is too much of a gunslinger to lead your to a #1 pick like Clausen.  You would have weeks where it worked out.  What we need to do is just bring Clausen out of retirement.   I mean if you want to tank for #1 you need to get it.  PJ end up giving you the 5 pick or something we draft McCaffrey again or some poo. 

Two words.

Nathan.

Peterman.

There's very few active, non-retread NFL QBs that I'd be game for acquiring to potentially start.  I fully expect us to draft Willis, Corral, Pickett, Howell, Ridder or Strong.  

Then we target a "starter if the rookie isn't ready" type that's not Darnold (Could still be Darnold)

There's a nice and ugly list of potential guys that are realistic (Rogers and Wilson aren't coming here):

Mariota (2022 FA, Retread, Pass)

Trubiski (2022 FA, Retread, Pass)

Nick Foles (2022 FA, Retread X3, Pass)

Jameis Winston (2022 FA, meh)

CJ Beathard (Contracted 2022, maybe)

Andy Dalton (No, Hard Pass)

Drew Lock (Contracted 2022, maybe, but retread like Darnold)

Kirk Cousins (If they don't land a playoff win, I could see them getting anxious) 

Tua Tag (Unproven, injury prone and a bit bland)

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I swear to god half of your must have exes with restraining orders out against you. 

He isn't returning but it isn't any worse than the Sam Darnold homers that still think he's going to magically turn into a franchise qb after being outperformed by Daniel Jones.