• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember when Joe Brady said the Panthers would run the ball a lot more?

BlackPanther21_

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Definitely but what we did today is not sustainable. In that 4th quarter drive we ran it 8 times and 1 pass (to a rb) because the coaches were terrified of Darnold fuging up against one of the worst defenses in the league. That’s just not sustainable against good teams.

it's post win mojo hour rn but this is an accurate take.

We have a bad o-line and our passing game is suspect.

Teams that aren't in talent limbo like us are gonna take advantage of that.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 2

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I remember when we played the #1 scoring offense in the league. And were up 15-14 at the half and kept them in check and then Darnold imploded and threw 2 picks and we unraveled.

Definitely but what we did today is not sustainable. In that 4th quarter drive we ran it 8 times and 1 pass (to a rb) because the coaches were terrified of Darnold fuging up against one of the worst defenses in the league. That’s just not sustainable against good teams.

No, they were sticking with what was working.

This Oline allows free rushers every other play. They've had to go away from the offence we were running because our iOL was getting our QB killed. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

All I’m saying is they literally took the ball out of darnold’s hands. So yeah Brady should’ve done that earlier but that doesn’t make him a bad coach or fireable lol. 

But what I'm saying is.. Everyone sees Sam ain't it. They finally take the ball out of his hands and we look a lot better. Joe should have noticed that and made that change weeks ago.

I think Joe would be fine with a real quarterback but I don't know if we'll get that here before his time is up

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

But what I'm saying is.. Everyone sees Sam ain't it. They finally take the ball out of his hands and we look a lot better. Joe should have noticed that and made that change weeks ago.

I think Joe would be fine with a real quarterback but I don't know if we'll get that here before his time is up

I agree they should’ve taken the ball out of sam’s hands earlier. But we’re not gonna win a lot of games like this 

13/24 for 129 yards 0 sacks against one of the worst defenses in the league lol. Sam is terrible. I get still trying to get him going because we’re fuged if he can’t. Well they finally figured out after the giants game that he really fuging can’t lol.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

All I’m saying is they literally took the ball out of darnold’s hands. So yeah Brady should’ve done that earlier but that doesn’t make him a bad coach or fireable lol. 

I agree to an extent.  They kid gloves'd him hard after the Giants loss.  But to this degree is definitely not sustainable, as it straps us from being able to make big plays that can win games against higher scoring offenses.  

If they are really thinking playoffs this season (which I don't see happening), we may need to give Morgan a go or find another guy out there somehow at QB (Not named Cam or Deshaun)

It could get very boring and ugly from here on out looking at a 7-10 type situation and still no QB.  Purgatory.    

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I agree they should’ve taken the ball out of sam’s hands earlier. But we’re not gonna win a lot of games like this 

13/24 for 129 yards 0 sacks against one of the worst defenses in the league lol. Sam is terrible. I get still trying to get him going because we’re fuged if he can’t. Well they finally figured out after the giants game that he really fuging can’t lol.

Well we won't win a lot of games with Sam, anyways. Have to find a legit quarterback 

• Poo 1

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Well we won't win a lot of games with Sam, anyways. Have to find a legit quarterback 

Agreed. But like they had to make sure Sam couldn’t do it. Giants game was the death nail. 1-5 team out major starters. And Sam was fuging horrible. That was it for the staff imo. Why you heard all the stuff heating up about Watson. Then this game they took the ball out of his hands. They know he’s not it.