• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline is Tomorrow, Who do we buy, who do we sell?

Ricky Spanish

Trade Deadline is tomorrow, I'm sure we all expect Fitterrer to make some sort of deal. With Watson most likely staying in Houston, who do we target and who do we dangle out there?

For trade bait on our end - I think Robby Anderson might be on the block. Detroit is in DIRE need of WR help and they have plenty of draft capital. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fit try to recoup a draft pick for Robby since he's not doing anything for us and is an instant upgrade to anyone else on their roster. 

Who do you think we target? Who do you think we have on the block?

• Pie 1

If there is interest in Bouye, I'd do it to get a draft pick next draft or swap for offensive line depth or TE help.  Haynes in another one we should have on the block.  We shouldn't extend him and he's just going to end up walking where we get nothing.  Even if we get a 6th for him, it's better than the nothing we are likely to end up with.

• Pie 1

Dump Robby for picks and maybe pickup desean jackson after he's released (having trouble finding trade partners for him) ?

I mean I don't mind keeping robby either as i think he'll get out of this rough patch

But it is an idea. And no im not expecting a high pick for the guy. But we may trade up (into second or third round) in the draft and could use extra picks. 

Edited by CarolinaLivin

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Royce Freeman to Tennessee for a 5th

Do they have decent backups?  If not and they are looking for someone, that's not a bad idea.  However, a 5ht is way too much for a dude that was recently picked up off the waiver wires.  I'd do a player-for-player trade before a 7th rounder, but it's better than nothing and likely what would be offered.  A 6th would be a steal.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Do they have decent backups?  If not and they are looking for someone, that's not a bad idea.  However, a 5ht is way too much for a dude that was recently picked up off the waiver wires.  I'd do a player-for-player trade before a 7th rounder, but it's better than nothing and likely what would be offered.  A 6th would be a steal.

Their main back up was App State great Darrynton Evans but he go hurt again last week and placed back on IR so they have Jeremy McNichols and Dontrell Hillard so they are for sure searching for something today.

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Royce Freeman to Tennessee for a 5th

Royce is our current 3rd string back. Behind Chuba and Ameer (who was picked up just last week and still had a higher snap count than royce). Im sure they could & would find a better back to try and fill those big shoes. 

Plus I don't see him getting a 5th. Maybe a 6th or 7th.