• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

It all boils down to the OL.  Darnold was gun shy yesterday.  As soon as he saw pressure, he did a 360 degree pirouette and started running for the sideline.  His grounding, his failure to read the defense and deliver the ball on time--all products of a bad OL.  However, that is not to say Darnold is without blame--he could be David Carred by now--blinded by pressure to such a degree he can't see beyond the OL.

I don't really care if Sam stays or goes at this point. However, I remember all the talk preseason being "He had crappy coaches, a bad O-line and no one to throw to at the Jets. No wonder he was bad." He comes here to, basically, the same situation as the the Jets and NOW he's supposed to be good for some reason. All of the Panthers problems stem from the Oline being horrible (except for Brady also being horrible.)

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

TB wasn't a dumpster fire last year and had something to say when he left and is not a dumpster fire in Denver.

One middling QB and one poo QB. 

The defense knows what's coming which will make everything worse on top of already last in OL/QB

Definitely not asking anyone questions. Its a fact his poo is figured out and trash. So you can keep responding with the nothing you respond with and it wont' change Brady into an NFL OC.

Teddy wasn’t a dumpster fire QB.  The offense could consistently move with a Teddy level QB.  He was risk adverse but could read the field and Brady could give him stuff.  And almost everyone had their most productive season as a pro. 

Brady is forced to dial things down to not even a rookie level at this point with Sam.  Only shot.   Yeah, it is predictable at that point.  The only other option Brady has is to give Sam things he clearly can’t handle and the game be over by half

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea the whole "murder ball" thing is a scheme issue as much as anything. No play should be having your WR run into the defender lol.

They even said that on the broadcast "normally you sit in the zone vs zone coverage but DJ Moore just keep going and got blasted" but we blame Darnold...that's the fugin play that was called for the doofs out there....we have our guys running the route as designed and its getting them murked.

You don't just look at the WR and be like "welp gonna take a sack b/c the defender knows the play and also the route design has him going into the defender in zone coverage and is waiting to hit him"

Scheme issue

You know I've said these things over and over but until they hear them on TV I'm scoffed at.

Yesterday I'm telling @Varkingthat batted passes are the fault of the line and I'm scoffed at.  Then during the broadcast we hear, "The great Dan Dierdorf always told me that batted passes are on the line. That when the guy puts his hands up and jumps you hit him in the stomach!"

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Teddy wasn’t a dumpster fire QB.  The offense could consistently move with a Teddy level QB.  He was risk adverse but could read the field and Brady could give him stuff.  And almost everyone had their most productive season as a pro. 

Brady is forced to dial things down to not even a rookie level at this point with Sam.  Only shot.   Yeah, it is predictable at that point.  The only other option Brady has is to give Sam things he clearly can’t handle and the game be over by half

Its not dialing down to run your WR into defenders...that's the scheme the WRs who don't' get the ball are doing the same thing.

Its why consistently on the broadcast they kept saying people were covered and in the last game and in the last game and  in the....

Dialing it back is what they are doing with Jones. Pats just have an NFL squad to including coaching staff.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

You know I've said these things over and over but until they hear them on TV I'm scoffed at.

Yesterday I'm telling @Varkingthat batted passes are the fault of the line and I'm scoffed at.  Then during the broadcast we hear, "The great Dan Dierdorf always told me that batted passes are on the line. That when the guy puts his hands up and jumps you hit him in the stomach!"

Its Toddler level NFL talk a lot here. Most of these people don't watch football they watch the Panthers only which since 96' has hardly resembled football. Darnold is trash != only thing to talk about or only problem, I mean it is if that's all you know about the game.

Watch the rest of the games...

IMO it has to be Brady.  I watch many games on AFN as they show most of the games throughout the week.  The one thing I see is many teams are doing different things to move the ball through the running game.  Misdirection, gadget as well as pounding the ball.  Brady doesn't do anything to help his QB.  The running plays are generic and the passing plays are just as bad.  These should be no reason with the talent we have on this offense to be scoring single digits every week.

Snow could do more adjustments but you can't expect the defense to win games for us when they are on the field 40 of 60 minutes.   

We were all excited about a young talented offensive coordinator and it appears he just had great talent at LSU.

IMO Brady needs to go.  Bring in someone who can take the talent we have and move the ball.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Its obvious by the drafting and free agency moves that they thought they could be productive offensively based on scheme.  Whereas defense needed personnel.  Like you said it is probably a bit of a reality check for them coming from college.

Maybe they learn from it and become better coaches.

We thought we were importing the New Orleans offense with Joe Brady. An offensive system that has always given us fits. What even New Orleans is learning this year is that system doesn't look so unstoppable without their hall of fame level quarterback.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

💥💥💥

I saw and heard that!!

That said, it was an amazing play/catch...

20 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

TB wasn't a dumpster fire last year and had something to say when he left and is not a dumpster fire in Denver.

One middling QB and one poo QB. 

The defense knows what's coming which will make everything worse on top of already last in OL/QB

Definitely not asking anyone questions. Its a fact his poo is figured out and trash. So you can keep responding with the nothing you respond with and it wont' change Brady into an NFL OC.

Denver also has career NFL coaches running that show who have proven they understand professional football. I think Snow looks to be making/has made that transition but Rhule and Brady are still question marks IMO.

56 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Then they keep saying poo  on the broadcast like "Matt Rhule said they need to get Robby involved"

Like wtf he's a deep threat WR not a premiere option at all. Like not at all. He may not even be a number 2 TBH. Moore is a 1 for sure but I see RA as a Ginn who should be your 3 for the deep threat.

Why would you be trying to "get Robby going" lol. Like when was he ever dat dood like a Smitty or any WR that would have a comment attributed to them like that. I mean yeah he hit 1k but barely scores TDs.

Robby is a deep threat/slant WR, and Darnold can't complete slants or deep balls to save his life, so of course Robby is having a down year. Robby even hinted as much before Darnold came here.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Those same announcers also said Meyers was Jones favorite red zone target despite the record for never scoring a TD. They also claimed CMC was Hubbard for a play or two. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

Robby is a deep threat/slant WR, and Darnold can't complete slants or deep balls to save his life, so of course Robby is having a down year. Robby even hinted as much before Darnold came here.

Well yea if you can only do two things well you damn sure shouldn't be focused on in regards to a game plan. That's some num 3 WR poo. Still not worried about RA though TBH with this OL/QB/OC combination it has everyone looking weak and hapless.

1 minute ago, Ace420 said:

I think we just need to go ahead and pull the trigger on Watson. There just aren't any franchise level qbs coming out this year, and even if there were, our 4 or 5 wins will be enough to not be able to get the top prospect.

Trade 2 firsts and a player for Watson, spend the rest of the draft picks on oline and special teams depth players and be highly aggressive in free agency to aquire more olinmen and see what happens next year.

At least we know Watson is good, I don't trust our front office to evaluate qbs anymore. In fact, they should be fired for the teddy and darnold trades.

Better sign a strong backup if you trade for Watson. I don't see any way he avoids a six game suspension at some point in 2022.