• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold getting MRI on shoulder.

Tbe

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

One would think they would have done that before they decided to start him last Sunday.  But that's just me. 

Before yesterday's game would have been believable. Either he's not injured and Rhule's trying to find a way to bench Sam without admitting the trade was a horrible idea, or Sam shouldn't have played in the first place because he actually was injured. Either way Rhule can't save face on this any longer

He's also basically said that Darnold isn't the starter anymore, without saying it.

Joe Person asked him if Darnold was healthy would he remain the starter, and Rhule's response was that he would need to see him and talk to him this week before deciding anything.

Don't get me wrong, there is PLENTY to complain about right now in regard to Rhule and his QB choices.  But let's get rid of the narrative that he's trying to protect Sam or anything like that.  

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Before yesterday's game would have been believable. Either he's not injured and Rhule's trying to find a way to bench Sam without admitting the trade was a horrible idea, or Sam shouldn't have played in the first place because he actually was injured. Either way Rhule can't save face on this any longer

There is nothing abnormal about experiencing soreness in a shoulder in your first game a week after injuring it.

Seriously, have none of you played sports before or even worked out in the gym?  

Rhule has made it clear how he feels about Darnold.  Not sure how some of you do not see this. 

Edited by Mage

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

He's also basically said that Darnold isn't the starter anymore, without saying it.

Joe Person asked him if Darnold was healthy would he remain the starter, and Rhule's response was that he would need to see him and talk to him this week before deciding anything.

Don't get me wrong, there is PLENTY to complain about right now in regard to Rhule and his QB choices.  But let's get rid of the narrative that he's trying to protect Sam or anything like that.  

They never have overly protected Sam or babied him. Just a few posters are always black/white in their responses and if you don't go all in from every direction that Sam is actually the debil and agree that everything no matter what is on Sam then "Sam is  your guy"...pretty funny though.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

this won't be great news.  This is how they set the path for Sam's return next year.   Only instead of being the man it will be a comptetiion this time. 

21 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

If you think for even 5 seconds Dave Tepper is going to let that happen again I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. I know we're all mad from yesterday still and how bad Darnold sucks but imagine being the one who had to cut him a check. There's 0% chance they're going to bring him back as the starter next year and that's if he's back at all. 

I could actually see him back next year.  His salary is guaranteed, paying him 18m to sit at home hurts also.

Especially if we draft someone, Sam could start the season, if he plays good the staff saves some ego, if he plays bad its easy to let the rookie slide in with no pressure.

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

They never have overly protected Sam or babied him. Just a few posters are always black/white in their responses and if you don't go all in from every direction that Sam is actually the debil and agree that everything no matter what is on Sam then "Sam is  your guy"...pretty funny though.

Exactly man just because Matt Rhule doesn’t come out and say “Darnold sucks and isn’t the answer we’re definitely getting a new qb this off-season” that means they baby him. No they’re just professional football coaches using coach-speak.