• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Sam's problem is mental and IQ

But his arm is better than Cams right now unless there has been some medical miracle. 

Now if we could transplant Sam's arm on Cam we'd be set for a long time.

Combine Cams vet knowledge and Mental game with that and it's definitely winnable. 

All of Darnold's arm strength doesn't matter when his timing is trash and he can't see the field tho...

Cam can still throw a deep ball, it just isn't as good as it was.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

99.9 on the Adam Gold show, they were just ripping this signing apart. They've done nothing but bitch the whole season.

I hate our media here in the triangle.  Gold and Ovies have always been fuging transplant idiots with no vested interest or care for OUR teams aside from State because they went there.  fuging nerds.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not gonna lie, the only thing I'm down about in all of this is that we didn't do a 2 or 3 year deal.  He deserves it.

The way the FO handled Cam's release was sorry. I'm glad they signed Cam. He will instantly make our QB room better (He'll be the best QB on the roster). I am not sure he has shown enough lately to warrant a multi year deal though. I'm not sure if he has what it takes to be a #1-Franchise guy anymore. Hopefully he comes in and proves me and every other doubter wrong.  

Cam Newton Gif - ID: 27074 - Gif Abyss

Just now, Harbingers said:

There’s no reason to do that. The dead month isn’t worth it. Keep him as backup. 

They probably will but his time is pretty much over.  If they wanted Cam for 2 years that is pretty telling IMO.  I suspect unless the wheels fall off of Cam he resigns at the end of next year and he mentors a rookie or whatever

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

If I'm not mistaken, it is Cam's production company, and the guy that produces/edits all of the content was actually a poster here who Cam hired after seeing the videos he was sharing here.  Can't remember his name now, but good dude.

Panthers should post that.  

there have been some guys around here really good at that.  It’s not up anymore but the guy who did the Jake Delhomme tribute to to the Killers song is still my favorite. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

this should now hopefully lead to us understand how the break up happened in the first place..

It won't.  Maybe after Cam retires, Rhule is fired or leaves, or someone really in the know is in a position where they no longer have to worry about repercussions, we might find the whole story. Or we might just hear one person's side of it.  

Being a West coast fan, this is me upon just seeing the rumor before the deal:

This morning, I woke up
Feeling brand new, I jumped up
Feeling my highs (yeah) and my lows (yeah)
In my soul (yeah) and my goals
Just to stop smokin', and stop drinkin'
And I've been thinkin, I've got my reasons
Just to get (by), just to get (by)
Just to get (by), just to get (by)