• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Robby Sucks" and "It's all the OL's fault" folks

Proudiddy

Just now, My Goodness My Guinness said:

O-line has played okay but CMC has been chipping pretty well and PJ is getting the ball out quick. Really shows how broken Darnold was the last few games. 

And our receivers are catching the ball which is a nice change. 

Continuing to blame Darnold for Robby dropping all those passes is hilarious though.

Just saying, Robby also had a not-so-great catch rate when playing with Sam in NY.  It was just historically bad this season with Sam, and I think that was due to a multitude of factors including the OL and Brady's calls, but all of that goes back to Sam...  it's not a coincidence that all of our receivers struggled with drops off and on with Sam in there, Robby just had it the worse (and I really think the biggest factor in that was receivers fearing they were being thrown into danger every play, and I can't blame them).

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

PJ had this showing against Detroit.

He needs the week of practice, as he’s a rhythm QB. Not optimal for your starter, and it makes you a borderline backup, but he belongs in this league. 

Ya, that’s very true but these low balls gotta stop. I know he’s trying not to go high and get picked but WR’s having to go down on their knees just to catch a ball is dangerous as fug. 

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

K4QCTJIXFVD5PBGW4X2ERSBTFU.thumb.webp.6e4ea7fe0b612a676de79cc7fe1a1502.webp

It's amazing what having CMC can do for a struggling OC, WRs and OL.

FTFY. Lol Darnold is bad but so is PJ. It’s funny that you’re hyper focusing on the QB situation and completely neglected to mention that one dude who’s back in the lineup today and accounted for 90+ rush yards and 130+ scrimmage yards (including 7 catches) in the first half.

Let’s not act like Brady and the o-line are completely vindicated after one mediocre half by PJ Walker.

Edit: ok my bad I forgot CMC technically came back last week lol but still he’s mostly carrying the offense today (also huge shoutout to Cam for the boost to our red zone offense). Still an OC/o-line/WRs best friend.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Just saying, Robby also had a not-so-great catch rate when playing with Sam in NY.  It was just historically bad this season with Sam, and I think that was due to a multitude of factors including the OL and Brady's calls, but all of that goes back to Sam...  it's not a coincidence that all of our receivers struggled with drops off and on with Sam in there, Robby just had it the worse (and I really think the biggest factor in that was receivers fearing they were being thrown into danger every play, and I can't blame them).

Smitty will tell you- "If you can touch it, you can catch it". Robby trying to prove something might have cost us a game or two.

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Smitty will tell you- "If you can touch it, you can catch it". Robby trying to prove something might have cost us a game or two.

I agree with Smitty, but not the idea that he was doing it in purpose.  I think he, and the other receivers, legitimately struggled with tracking the ball off Sam's hand, and I also think the fear of getting stretchered off on any given throw also affected their ability to catch the ball when it was thrown to them.

I dont think it was making a point at all, I just think there was no trust between the receivers and Sam.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I'm gonna take a bite for the thread about what the regime i made a little while ago. Cam just takes over and brings so much energy, something this team needed. The o-line is looking okay now. lol. 

The OL actually played pretty well last week too. Sam Darnold just sucks insanely hard.

• Pie 3