• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The deep-ish ball to DJ moore that drew PI….

electro's horse

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Can 

He can still do it on occasion, not sure he'll be able to even attempt it in week 18.  My biggest concern about Cam is his shoulder and whether it can hold up throwing 25 - 35 times a game.

I definitely worry about how his shoulder holds up over time.  My other main concern is he was never really a guy that threw with a lot of timing and anticipation.   He made up for most of it with his athleticism and the lazers he threw.  As we've seen with Sam, this scheme isnt especially forgiving of throwing the ball late.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

and last season.

not sure why this is continuing to be such a talking point when it's been debunked multiple times

Why can't people understand is that it's a degenerative shoulder issue.  He can still throw deep on occasion, but his shoulder just can't do it consistently enough for a starting QB.  

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Yeah this. Like Cam's deep ball ain't what it used to be, and even if it was a "duck" it's still miles better than anything we've seen since 2019. 

he can still get it down field don't you worry.

Let's see some more. I'm hoping he's had plenty of time to rehab it and heal up. He's 32 now and if he still has some velocity, or has developed touch, then he's going to be a threat for years to come.

Reality says, however, that it gets harder every year to come back from such injuries and rarely does a player at this stage regain their prior strength or find a new wrinkle. It does happen, every once in a great while and wouldn't it be epic for it to happen here and to him?

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

That was a walk in TD with the right throw. 

was that a miscommunication or did cam just throw a duck?

miscommunication is understandable. If that were the case it looked like cam should have thrown the ball sooner. 

Or…..is his deep ball still toast?

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Not sure but he needs more reps before concluding. He just got off the couch mid-week and probably needs a week or 2 to get fully acclimated.  Reserving judgement.  

This right here. Cam said that he was eating a bowl of cereal at the time of last night's press conference the week prior. It may not seem to it like us, but developing timing even on deep throws is huge!

Doesn't do any good to try and rehash this back to your corners and hills to die on mentality with #1. This is a much different Cam. He has a different role and a different mentality. Embrace it with him. The window for this group is open but who knows for how long. I'm just glad to see a revitalized and now cohesive unit. Where we go from here who knows but based on yesterday we can say we at least know this team has some fight in them again. As long as that remains we have a shot against anyone.