• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The deep-ish ball to DJ moore that drew PI….

electro's horse

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

That was a walk in TD with the right throw. 

was that a miscommunication or did cam just throw a duck?

miscommunication is understandable. If that were the case it looked like cam should have thrown the ball sooner. 

Or…..is his deep ball still toast?

His deep ball has been toast for 4 years now.  He won’t just magically recover.  I think Cam will be ok 10-25 yard passing but his shoulder will never be the same prior TJ Watt hit. He won’t flick it 50 yards down field like he used too.

Edited by Ja Rhule
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

44 minutes ago, Rags said:

luckily our running game has been looking improved. Both Abdullah and Chubba have been fine in spurts releiving CMC and Royce Freeman as an emergency.  Hopefully we can keep Cam's shoulder mostly rested and on a pitch count.

Cam isn't Super Man anymore. He's our Clark Kent now and he's already buying into that role.

It is a concern though. We can only hope we manage it well.

Agree. Royce plays for the Texans now, though. But Abdullah had filled in nicely and gives us some dynamicism  w catching and returning.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

His deep ball has been toast for 4 years now.  He won’t just magically recover.  I think Cam will be ok 10-25 yard passing but his shoulder will never be the same prior TJ Watt hit. He won’t flick it 50 yards down field like he used too.

I'm OK with that as long as he can throw 10 - 20 yards consistently and accurately.  With NE last year he was throwing those in the dirt. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, NAS said:

I'm OK with that as long as he can throw 10 - 20 yards consistently and accurately.  With NE last year he was throwing those in the dirt. 

The best way to handle Cam is to use him as Tysom Hill and let Walker be main QB.  That way… good luck game planning.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yes - I remember posting a thread and still think that video was the most cringe thing he has ever done.  I still don't think he can handle the load of being a starting QB, but he's on the team and will root for him to succeed and prove me wrong.  I have always been a fan of Cam (never a hater)  but that doesn't prevent me from being realistic and telling it like I see it.

Blah blah blah 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Hard to say. I don't think any of us should expect Prime Cam cannon. That is probably gone forever. But, he can still be a dynamic playmaker and run the offense efficiently.

THAT is what we need from him.

Its not going to be prime Cam. We are all glad he's back but the childish little kids running around acting like his arm isn't/hasn't been affected are just corny at this point. His arm isn't what it used to be, just a fact.

• Pie 1

We will find out. DJ played the ball expertly and had a good chance to come down with it, it was a catchable ball. 3 days to prepare and one was game day. 

I have no idea what to expect out of Cam's arm going forward but it's doesn't matter. This isn't 'on Cam's shoulders and legs alone' offense. There is plenty of talent to share the load now.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We will find out. DJ played the ball expertly and had a good chance to come down with it, it was a catchable ball. 3 days to prepare and one was game day. 

I have no idea what to expect out of Cam's arm going forward but it's doesn't matter. This isn't 'on Cam's shoulders and legs alone' offense. There is plenty of talent to share the load now.

That is the thing, we aren't the Rivera Panthers that need him to bail them out at every turn. We have weapons and an elite defense(again). 

He just needs to be a steady influence and run the offense competently. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1