• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 Things I saw that seemed to go unnoticed.

iamhubby1

15 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

It seemed like the Cards were trying to spy CMC with Simmons, which didn’t out well for them.

If that is true, it defiantly did not work.  Of course, not much worked for them all game. We spanked that azz. And it's been far too long since we could say that.

• Beer 2

The offensive line didn't give up a sack which is huge. The whole team will play better when the offense is diverse and dynamic.

But one thing I noticed is the Cardinals seemed like the phoned the game in from the start. They kept Murray on the bench even though he probably could have played. I get they are trying to keep him in bubble wrap until the playoffs but I would have expected a better effort from them. They were never in this game from the first snap. I hope the Panthers can continue this energy against teams playing with a full deck.

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The offensive line didn't give up a sack which is huge. The whole team will play better when the offense is diverse and dynamic.

But one thing I noticed is the Cardinals seemed like the phoned the game in from the start. They kept Murray on the bench even though he probably could have played. I get they are trying to keep him in bubble wrap until the playoffs but I would have expected a better effort from them. They were never in this game from the first snap. I hope the Panthers can continue this energy against teams playing with a full deck.

Yeah, they were shell shocked.  It was 17-0 before they even knew what hit them.  Game was over halfway thru the first quarter.  When was the last time we could say that in a Panthers win??

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, they were shell shocked.  It was 17-0 before they even knew what hit them.  Game was over halfway thru the first quarter.  When was the last time we could say that in a Panthers win??

Trying to remember....maybe that Bucs game at home in 2018? The last win before the epic losing streak began? Otherwise we gotta go back to 2015 for sure. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

It seemed like the Cards were trying to spy CMC with Simmons, which didn’t out well for them.

I didn’t see the game live (was working and live out of market), but that cutback on the almost-TD run of CMC’s was astonishing on highlights I saw. Damn is he quick. I don’t see how anyone could reliably spy the man. He’s incredible. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, OriginalPD said:

I didn’t see the game live (was working and live out of market), but that cutback on the almost-TD run of CMC’s was astonishing on highlights I saw. Damn is he quick. I don’t see how anyone could reliably spy the man. He’s incredible. 

Yeah, CMC has some SERIOUS juice yesterday.  He looked quicker than he has all season.  If he gets it going like we know he can, with the addition of Cam in the backfield....then look the fug out NFC. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The throwing motion on the deep shot to DJ instantly took me back to his 2nd td pass to 89 in Cams first game.  If you search and compare the 2 side by side you'll see how effortless and similar they both look.  I have a gut feeling that we are about to see some downfield splashes as the season continues.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

You know, I just thought of an interesting side effect to the new playoffs format. With only 1 team getting a bye, it makes loses like this for the Cardinals have even more impact since them losing drops them out of the #1 slot and give GB the bye week if it were to end today.

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Glad they had the chance to get him some snaps even though it was garbage time. It's still more valuable than 2nd string practice reps against the same guys every week

He actually played with the starters so I think Daley actually got injured or they just sat him, everyone else played 100% of the snaps

7 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

1. On the long pass to Moore, Cam looked smooth. It looked absolutely effortless. No herky  jerky motion, no prolonged windup. Just a nice smooth throw. If that is the Cam we are getting? Things could get interesting around here.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about that throw on twitter and FB, but I don't see what they were complaining about. Yeah the throw was SLIGHTLY behind DJ but Cam threw 40 yards...from our 38 to the 18 where it drew a PI. I mean wtf y'all want? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I've seen a lot of people complaining about that throw on twitter and FB, but I don't see what they were complaining about. Yeah the throw was SLIGHTLY behind DJ but Cam threw 40 yards...from our 38 to the 18 where it drew a PI. I mean wtf y'all want? 

Agreed, and it’s not like the ball died in the air, it’s just a matter of getting the timing and judgement right, and that’ll just take practice. That one throw, his first deep ball in a live game in at least 10 months, wasn’t overthrown by 5 yards like every single one of darnolds or flopping and quacking all the way through the air and forcing the receiver to stop and come back to it like every single one of teddy’s. Best deep pass we’ve had in two+ years. 

• Pie 2