• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera's WFT had the perfect gameplan against the Panthers today

electro's horse

48 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Ron was always a crap game manager. And he just manhandled Rhule. 

Just one of many demoralizing losses. 

I just don't know how much I can take. 

This. I can handle losses. I can’t handle losing to teams we should beat and games we should win. This year, that list includes the eagles, giants, and WFT at least.  You can probably throw in the Vikings as well since we had a golden opportunity to beat them as well. Being “close” isn’t good enough. We blew out one of the best teams in the league last week but we can’t beat Heinecke and Rivera at home? This is just further proof to me that this team is going in the wrong direction and needs a real coach.  

4 hours ago, electro's horse said:

WFT controlled the clock with a solid running game that kept the offense off the field and their defense rested.

He counted on his biggest players (Heineke and McLaurin) to make big plays when they needed it.

They didn't miss any tackles. 

They didn't commit any costly penalties. 

They attacked Donte Jackson because Ron of all people knew what kind of player he was. 

Just outschemed and outplayed. 

Cam can still play tho.

I was just telling a friend, for a guy infamous for not making adjustments or scheming in any way, he sure outcoached the hell out of our staff today.  You could tell they were very measured and deliberate in how and where they attacked offensively.  And anyone that can run the ball on us and control the clock, it's pretty much a wrap.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

Like the last five? We the new browns lions

I don't think we are that bad but we have a lot of bad drafting and team building to overcome.  You can't do that in 2 off-seasons, one of which was a Hurney off-season.  This team is not as good as many want to believe but not as bad as they appear at times either.   They are still growing and building this thing so some patience is needed.

14 hours ago, CmC2k said:

Ron has always been a good coach with his initial game plan his weakness was when he had to change it and make adjustments mid game. We couldn't stop what they planned to do thus we got bullied.  

It drove us nuts when he was here but that's his game.  He plays you in a phone booth and grinds things down to the final possession.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I was just telling a friend, for a guy infamous for not making adjustments or scheming in any way, he sure outcoached the hell out of our staff today.  You could tell they were very measured and deliberate in how and where they attacked offensively.  And anyone that can run the ball on us and control the clock, it's pretty much a wrap.

Honestly, say what you will about Ron, but he deserves to be a head coach in the NFL. I'm not seeing Rhule showing that he's there yet or will be.

We weren't just outcoached or out game planned. His team (of players that often wouldn't make second string) was motivated and tougher than we were. That's a hallmark of Rivera players --  they're tough and they'd run through a wall for their coach. His guys just got out there and turned it into a back alley street fight and we could not hold our own.

Cam and the offense really didn't screw it up and did quite well at times from a limited playbook. Our O-line even performed okay. But our defense got beaten up and stuffed into a locker. 

That was bad. Rivera won that one, hands down. If you can't beat the old coach (when he's without his star defensive players and is on a guy who was a third string QB here for a hot minute), then maybe you shouldn't be the coach.

Rhule's seat should be incredibly hot right now.