• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Dolphins Playoff Push GameDay thread

Zod

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Not hard for a defense to take over a game when the offense gets called for a phantom penalty when they get a decent play

It’s been like this all season. We get a chunk play, and the refs decide we held that play so we get screwed. I’m really starting to believe conspiracy theories about the NFL. Also doesn’t help when you completely fuging suck. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, ChibCU said:

O-Line is overmatched at all times. I hope the low IQ fans understand that you have to have a functional team. Relying entirely on a QB is not viable. 

Anyone who's ever played or understands the game should know this. Forget the low IQers. They can't understand.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

And while that's true, you can still scheme around it and today is a prime example of how bad our coaching staff is...  their defensive front is OK, and their offensive line is just as bad if not worse than ours.  Yet, they are thoroughly whopping our ass.  It's a coaching clinic at this point.  They're overloading our OL and getting instant pressure.  Meanwhile, against our defense, they're running RPOs and motions and such to stretch our defense laterally to where they can't push upfield to create pressure anymore and thus, scheming around their horrid offensive line.

It also helps when the refs give them complete impunity to hold, too.

But yeah, it would be nice if we had an NFL caliber coaching staff that noticed these things and decided to apply some of it to their own schemes.

Yeah, I mean you can scheme around it to a degree. Granted out coaches seemingly lack the ability to do so but scheme is only going to go so far when you are terrible in the trenches. I mean sure the Dolphins are out coaching us with similar deficiencies but that's not exactly saying much. 

I wonder if Sam was on the sidelines watching this sh*tshow and thinking "Maybe it wasn't totally on me after all"?

yes...Things have gotten so bad that the above is now a possibility even though I don't think Sam could QB his way out of a paper bag these days.

• Pie 3

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Not hard for a defense to take over a game when the offense gets called for a phantom penalty when they get a decent play

Its like clockwork.  I've been saying it since Suoerbowl 50, and more recently, since the first holding call today...  when the fix is in, the refs influence the game through the field position first and foremost.  From the first penalty, if we get a gain of any significance or momentum, they immediately call a penalty.  By doing so, they also keep us pinned back against our own redzone/goal line, which allows the defense to be more aggressive - which has resulted in a blocked punt and one of the picks so far.  

This fix was in.  Period.

• Pie 3