• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone

Catsfan69

Im sure many here have been married and had friendships. Heres a fact- these relationships sometimes run a course. 40 years, 5 years etc, its best for both parties to end....

Ron and panthers relationship ran its course and thats simply it.

People have hit on many thing about this, but I will bring this UP. When Ron leftd/fired/whatev the team was in TERRRRRRIIIIBBBLLLLLEEE shape. OLD and lacked young talent across the whole roster. QB- no 10 year starter on hand, or backup/young QB grow and be a starter. 

Ron is an D main coach and the last couple seasons, his defensives have SUCKED. Phil "65 year old never called a nfl play life time" Snow had better results with 2020 that had half the talent. 

Players for the first time gave up on Ron, washington right now is playing like Ron's late season panther units...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The Panthers were basically as unwatchable at the end of Rivera's tenure here as they are now.  His time in Charlotte had run its course, we had some good times, some bad ones, and it was time to move on.  If you're a head coach in the NFL you're going to be the one blamed if poo isn't going well.  It can be unfair but at any given time there are only 32 of them on a planet of 7.7 billion humans.

For some perspective though, John Fox went to Denver and they immediately were tearing the league's ass up.  They won 11 straight games in his second season and made a(n admittedly lol worthy) Super Bowl appearance the next year.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

On 12/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, CRA said:

I’ll largely take a repeat stretch of what the Ron era was.  Just give me a better officiated Super Bowl. 

- drafted the most exciting and entertaining player in franchise history

-  stretch of 4 postseason appearances in 5 years 

- best season in Panther history 

-stretch of 3 straight division titles 

Take a repeated stretch of being good one year and bad the next and then back to good? No. Thanks and stop blaming the superbowl completely on the refs. Ron did not have his team ready to play in the biggest game of their careers nor did they make any adjustments to try to ein that game. Dont care to have that again.

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Take a repeated stretch of being good one year and bad the next and then back to good? No. Thanks and stop blaming the superbowl completely on the refs. Ron did not have his team ready to play in the biggest game of their careers nor did they make any adjustments to try to ein that game. Dont care to have that again.

Whole team choked. Cam, coaches, everyone but Kawaan Short.

59 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

which is better.  

a - playoffs in 4 of 5 seasons 

b - back to back winning seasons but only making the playoffs 2 times in a 5 year window. 

I care about postseason play.  Every season is different.  I don’t give a poo what record it takes to get in.   Just be relevant.  Postseason play is the only thing that makes you relevant.  

most teams that hire a HC don’t get a run like Ron had.  Or Fox had.  Would I like better? Of course.  I’d like to hit on a Tomlin.  A Belichick.   But Ron wasn’t actually bad.  Just like Foxy wasn’t.  They weren’t grand slams.   

and pointing out I would easily take another version of the Ron era with a better officiated SB isn’t blaming everything on the refs.  It’s more an acknowledgment that luck and things outside your control go into a ring.  

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

which is better.  

a - playoffs in 4 of 5 seasons 

b - back to back winning seasons but only making the playoffs 2 times in a 5 year window. 

I care about postseason play.  Every season is different.  I don’t give a poo what record it takes to get in.   Just be relevant.  Postseason play is the only thing that makes you relevant.  

most teams that hire a HC don’t get a run like Ron had.  Or Fox had.  Would I like better? Of course.  I’d like to hit on a Tomlin.  A Belichick.   But Ron wasn’t actually bad.  Just like Foxy wasn’t.  They weren’t grand slams.   

and pointing out I would easily take another version of the Ron era with a better officiated SB isn’t blaming everything on the refs.  It’s more an acknowledgment that luck and things outside your control go into a ring.  

Right. Get to the playoffs and then it’s a new season. Getting to the playoffs is the biggest thing. 

I would take being the 7th seed 4 out of 5 years than being the #1 seed 2 out of 5 years.

• Pie 1

FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. Jesus you guys talk about the dumbest things when all that matters is FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. We had one from 2011-2018 and we made the playoffs multiple times. We don't have one and now we won't.

Ron won't either until he has a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK and if he does its because it was a historically weak division and they quickly exited the playoffs. 

Stop with the dumb narratives OP

• Beer 1