• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At the very least Rhule should lose personel decisions.

Zod

1 minute ago, Al Morgan said:

If you don't think D# has been an issue for a good part of the season, despite how much we invested in it, it's probably not him the one who didn't watch the game(s)

The problem with the defense is no identity, no nasty, and undisciplined. It is NOT a lack of talent.   Get a NFL caliber--old school 'tough as nails' DC in here that instills that nasty demeanor and discipline, we won't have to change much...if anything on the defensive side of the ball personnel wise.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The problem with the defense is no identity, no nasty, and undisciplined. It is NOT a lack of talent.   Get a NFL caliber--old school 'tough as nails' DC in here that instills that nasty demeanor and discipline, we won't have to change much...if anything on the defensive side of the ball personnel wise.

No doubt about it.
Also, we have a quick and smart D#. We just need a competent NFL caliber DC, not even elite

40 minutes ago, Chosen Newton said:

Why is everyone acting like the defense is not the problem..we got big ticket cj Henderson and stephon Gilmore and yet we're still giving up 28 points to ATL without calvin Ridley. Phil snow should have been let go with joe brady, this defense can't get a stop for their life. 

A lot of people want to gloss over that, but it is a darned big ol' deal. The defense actually sucks, just not quite as bad as the offense. 

Really, this team sucks in all phases of the game like perhaps never before. And considering the talent we have on both sides of the ball, that's just criminal.

• Flames 1

As there is also some good discussion going on in this thread about the defense...

After our offense went down and gave us a 7 point lead, our defense sans any turnover or short field, let Atlanta march down the field and tie the game. Then at the end of the game when our offense had gone down and made it a one score game, the defense allowed Atlanta to convert a 3rd and 13 to ice the game.

So yeah while I agree our month old offense sucks and turnovers and penalties are killing us, the defense is not without fault and are not perfect. They are not situationally prepared.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I agree. If you’re going to go this route, let Fit and co choose their own guy and just get rid of Rhule. This was also agreed on when Rhule was hired. No need to break terms and create another mess, just cut ties.

If by some idiot reasons Rhule is retained, need to accept the poo show must go on.

I do not have any faith in Fitts. I like Dan but whatever really. 

We had a chance to hire an allstar GM like Eric B, we ended up with 'a likable guy' with nothing impressive on his resume that wanted to work under Rhule. I just don't understand the love. He is great at finding CBs and the rest has been bad to blah at best. I don't get the love for Fitts. No it wasn't all Fitts but he was in on this mess or he was a tool, neither create a positive for him at the end. 

45 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Except you are then out of picks to get him a line to play behind. A new QB behind this mess would be ruined by the bye. 

Yep. As I stated in the OP, I don't agree with doing it and I've been saying rebuild the Oline before drafting a QB since before the draft. That said, I feel there will be pressure to draft one and they will do so.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. As I stated in the OP, I don't agree with doing it and I've been saying rebuild the Oline before drafting a QB since before the draft. That said, I feel there will be pressure to draft one and they will do so.

I kindof agree with you based on general principle.  So taking that one step further and looking at where we probably will be drafting and the tea leaves some nfl insiders are hinting at.  Then the pick will be Pickett.  No way he doesnt start from week one.  And that scares the poo out of me quite frankly.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I kindof agree with you based on general principle.  So taking that one step further and looking at where we probably will be drafting and the tea leaves some nfl insiders are hinting at.  Then the pick will be Pickett.  No way he doesnt start from week one.  And that scares the poo out of me quite frankly.

Yep. Too bad they didn't take Oline high the last couple drafts. A rookie might succeed if they had.

1 hour ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

Defense isn’t responsible for the pick 6, holding any NFL offense to 21 points is passable

When do they ever get a stop with the game in the line ?

film  has made ole Phil pretty easy to Cusco around 

how many weeks have people been running at will on that left side AND he had a bye week to get it fixed and STILL couldn’t stop it