• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio & Rich Eisen discuss Rhule & Tepper

BlitzMonster

24 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

I actually felt pretty good at 3-0

them we gagged away the Philly game, and got run over by the Vikings in OT…both at home

then the giants game….man that was about as ugly as it gets…that was where I was pretty much done

But got thru some games, we got to 5-5, with skins at home….that was the game where our season ended

you tankers probably gonna get your way…we won’t win again this year

They also beat the team with the best record (at the time) Arizona Cardinals. fuging teases, worst in NFL history at that...

I never want to tank til the playoffs are at 0.000%. 

11 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

I thought Darnold was a pretty good risk.  Highly regarded QB that was the #3 overall pick.   Prospect grade by the NFL was "7.10 - Pro Bowl Talent".  Had NFL size, arm strength and a good college pedigree from a top program.  The Jets franchise was widely known as fairly dysfunctional so maybe he could succeed on the Panthers.  Darnold was still pretty young but he now had 3 years of NFL experience.  

It was a decent gamble to make.  Just didn't work out for a number of reasons (bad OC, porous OL, no strong run game after CMC went down, maybe Sam just didn't have the talent after all).   If it had worked, would have been a bargain for the draft picks we gave up.  But it didn't.  

How as it a good risk? He was one of the worst QBs the last 3 years. Any person could see how this was gonna turn out. It was very predictable. 

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Is that urban legend or speculation or is there proof?  Asking because I really dont know

It’s honestly a mixed bag because I have seen articles that it was all 12 of the Min. Owners and just a handful but it was all after the Jags spanked the Steelers in the playoffs so naturally people were pissed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-owners-reportedly-lobbying-art-rooney-to-fire-mike-tomlin-after-playoff-debacle/amp/

10 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

Would you trade a 2, 4 and a 6 for a good young starting QB ?   I think most teams would.  

Darnold just proved not to be any good.  As LinvilleGorge correctly pointed out, he isn't roster caliber at this point.  

The worst thing was the Panthers picking up Darnold's option.  So the team is on the salary cap hook for a big chunk of change for him now.  

No. Not with his statistics. Also if team wound trade for that they are stupid. 

30 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s honestly a mixed bag because I have seen articles that it was all 12 of the Min. Owners and just a handful but it was all after the Jags spanked the Steelers in the playoffs so naturally people were pissed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-owners-reportedly-lobbying-art-rooney-to-fire-mike-tomlin-after-playoff-debacle/amp/

Thats a bit vague

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Somewhat optimistic... and then we traded for Sam Darnold.

Much more pessimistic than the rest of this board. I still thought Darnold was likely a flash in the pan and I was trying to tell y'all (with great pushback) that we hadn't beaten anyone yet.

.500ish while being competitive week in and week out.

Not sure if I've done this yet to you but I apologize for being such an asshat in my misguided defense of Sam.

I wanted so bad for him to be NOT-who-he-really-is that I ignored the warning signs you were putting out. 

baba sigh GIF by Puffin Rock

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Not sure if I've done this yet to you but I apologize for being such an asshat in my misguided defense of Sam.

I wanted so bad for him to be NOT-who-he-really-is that I ignored the warning signs you were putting out. 

baba sigh GIF by Puffin Rock

It's all good my man. I was wrong about you. I said you'd disappear when Sam flopped and you didn't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

one of the comments from the video referenced a complaint that has been voiced by many on the Huddle:

"OLine where guys are playing a different position every week before they even gain confidence playing ONE position"

Just curious how many different Oline combinations the Panthers have played this season.  I think I heard Sun that Tampa has played 2.

• Pie 1