• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Bowl LB for a 5th Round Pick

shaq

1 minute ago, t96 said:

It's worth noting that we didn't get a 5th for him, we got a 6th while also giving up a 7th. So really a negligible move up late in the draft.

I just don't care. Worrying about this specific issue feels like complaining about a squeaky door hinge in a house that's literally burning to the ground.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, shaq said:

We trade the league leader in tackles for a 5th rounder! Our linebacker corps is paper thin, I like Fritterer but this is just bad. Denzel is a real thumper he’s not a great coverage LB but he is a damn good run defender and doesn’t bounce off RB’s like Carter.

https://www.raiders.com/news/denzel-perryman-leading-afc-inside-linebackers-in-early-pro-bowl-voting-by-fans

Dude was never healthy. 

• Pie 1

Others have already hit on reasons. Ill add a few;

Just a bad fit, right or wrong its best you move on. Member his speeding ticket deal at TC, told the reporters "hey guize got this 90 MPH ticket, why is that//"

Our big brain coaching staff pick Carter over Perryman..........fuging idiots. They should have seen the talent difference and figured out how to make it work.

Perryman had an injury and has a bad injury history. Panthers had enough of that with Apple and right or wrong they moved on..

Perryman didint get the vaccine, regardless your benefits and knowledge on this hot topic. He was one of three form the whole team that didnt get it. Different rules and treatment for non-vaccine players.  right or wrong they moved on.

He landed with a perfect DC that knows how to use his strengths.....WOW thats how coaching is done, amazing. They knew one another cause Gus was his DC in San Diego. He pushed for the trade cause he knew the results would benefit raiders

Our poo staff for sure screwed this up by thinking Carter was better, not mending the problems and figuring out how to make it work. So Scott finesser had to trade him and at least got something for him since the bridge was ash. Dead cap space too......

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Tackles =/= Good

Remember Eric Reid and his tons and tons of tackles?

He was soooooooo good with all those tackles.

/s

Either way, Rhule didn't want him so he got traded. 

I mean Eric Reid was a safety, but understand your point.

10 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I said that after we traded him, I got called out. But yes we shouldn’t have traded him.

Shouldn’t have traded a dude solely for vaccine purposes. Nothing like watching Jermaine Carter trip over other players trying to get to Pitts on 3rd and 11.  Love his “leadership” too. Jermaine Carter just adds so much to this team… why would we want a guy that just lays wood and is everywhere? Oh yeah, vaccine, he’s the devil, that’s right. Sigh.

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I’m beginning to think he wasn’t toxic in the locker room. I’m beginning to think he saw through Rhule and Rhule didnt like that. 

I think you're just trying to cram something into a narrative. 

He was with the same coaching staff and players that have created one of the better defenses in the nfl this year, and one of the best of all time after the first three weeks.