• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Backpedals on Cam Blame/Comments

Proudiddy

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yes he is. All around. Not just with Cam.

but so is Rodgers. Belicheck has been called out by former players numerous times. I can remember plenty of time coaches like Carroll and Harbaugh made similar comments calling out players.

But the production, that’s what matters, not emotional outrage from stans.

Absolutely no one was outraged when he was doing the same poo pre cam. What does that tell you?

You are wrong.  

I, and others, thought it was pretty shitty with his blaming the QBs for their own and known weaknesses when HE chose to bring them here.  His decision and his alone  

This poo show is all on him 

As for Rodgers and Bellinchek, they are superstars in a tough business. They have rings.  They have earned the right to say what they say.

what has Matt Rhule ever done, on a high championship attainment, at any level?    

the answer is nothing other than sell a plethora of buzz words to an owner who should have known better

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

100% Scot.  I had also thought about including the comments Zylstra made in his presser yesterday when asked about what was wrong with the offense.  At one point, when asked directly about why we can't get anything going deep downfield, he specifically stated that their offense is structured to attack underneath, get the ball out quickly to their playmakers and let them make something happen after the catch, run RPOs, etc, and once we get all of that going, it will open up everything else.  While in theory that sounds great, it is exactly what is wrong with our offense and is the same exact garbage that we were running that got Brady fired.  The issue is, those things "never get going," but we still end up running it, even when we shouldn't - like throwing 2 yard drags on 3rd and 10 or 4th and 10.  This staff just doesn't get it, AT ALL.  Teams know that's what we're doing and they take it away and it's like the staff has no counter or adjustment, ever, so we just keep running the same ineffective bullshit and nothing changes.

And Cam's response does sound like he doesn't want to throw anyone else under the bus.  The more I hear, the more dysfunctional and broken this whole team seems to be under this staff.  It is crazy that they're still here, all things considered.

There's no way he still had the locker room's ear at this point.  The players all know the poo they're stuck in right now.

Don't forget to mention all the 1st down run up the middles for miniscule gains. I swear you'd die if you took a shot every time we did that in a game.

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yes he is. All around. Not just with Cam.

but so is Rodgers. Belicheck has been called out by former players numerous times. I can remember plenty of time coaches like Carroll and Harbaugh made similar comments calling out players.

But the production, that’s what matters, not emotional outrage from stans.

Absolutely no one was outraged when he was doing the same poo pre cam. What does that tell you?

For me? That an enormous losing streak and a poo job coaching 3 different QBs is enough for me to finally be done.

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, mav1234 said:

For me? That an enormous losing streak and a poo job coaching 3 different QBs is enough for me to finally be done.

He’s also not developing our rookies. For the life of me I can’t figure out why he won’t play Christensen at LT and Brown at Guard. They can’t possibly be worse then what we’re fielding. 

• Pie 4

17 minutes ago, Newbie said:

He’s also not developing our rookies. For the life of me I can’t figure out why he won’t play Christensen at LT and Brown at Guard. They can’t possibly be worse then what we’re fielding. 

The receiver we drafted in the second round is also continually either a healthy scratch or just overall ignored.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

The receiver we drafted in the second round is also continually either a healthy scratch or just overall ignored.

We passed on Creed Humphrey for TMJ, it would be nice if they tried to develop him. Truth is he looked pretty good until Darnold threw some hospital balls his way. 

• Beer 1

On 12/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, Proudiddy said:

100% Scot.  I had also thought about including the comments Zylstra made in his presser yesterday when asked about what was wrong with the offense.  At one point, when asked directly about why we can't get anything going deep downfield, he specifically stated that their offense is structured to attack underneath, get the ball out quickly to their playmakers and let them make something happen after the catch, run RPOs, etc, and once we get all of that going, it will open up everything else.  While in theory that sounds great, it is exactly what is wrong with our offense and is the same exact garbage that we were running that got Brady fired.  The issue is, those things "never get going," but we still end up running it, even when we shouldn't - like throwing 2 yard drags on 3rd and 10 or 4th and 10.  This staff just doesn't get it, AT ALL.  Teams know that's what we're doing and they take it away and it's like the staff has no counter or adjustment, ever, so we just keep running the same ineffective bullshit and nothing changes.

And Cam's response does sound like he doesn't want to throw anyone else under the bus.  The more I hear, the more dysfunctional and broken this whole team seems to be under this staff.  It is crazy that they're still here, all things considered.

There's no way he still had the locker room's ear at this point.  The players all know the poo they're stuck in right now.

After reading this, it reminds me of when Cam admitted in the off-season he couldn’t throw 30 yards downfield the season leading up to his surgery. He said opponents knew it and played us that way but I don’t remember us ever being as bad as we are now.

2 hours ago, CMAC22 said:

Not only did Matt Rhule throw Cam under the bus but he is also trying to protect his staff and he probably knows a showdown is coming with Tepper and Rhule will probably say its a players issue not a coaching issue!

Well Rhule targeted those players and had final say on the roster... and there is zero direction. 

What all of this is showing is that Rhule and his staff are completely out coached and clueless on a weekly basis. Wrong play call in that situation is on the coaching staff. Burns said in the loss to Atl that the RB was always chipping him when he tried to rush which negated his pressure. Robby Anderson said that Bills had a lot of CB blitzes which affected Cam. Anderson also called out the coaching staff early in the season for not recognizing CB coverage, I think it was the Eagles game? All of the players recognize these adjustments and the coaching staff are too dumb to adjust in game or plan for it on a weekly basis. This is why college coaches can't make it in the NFL, as long as they have better athletes on the field they'll more than likely win. In the NFL, you actually have to plan for opponents. 

On 12/20/2021 at 2:47 PM, Proudiddy said:

This right here is why Tepper needs to end this clown show, TODAY.  I have watched almost every post game presser and he has never once hesitated to say, "I can't comment on that until I watch the tape," except when it comes to Cam.  Sheena also asked Cam directly yesterday after the game his thoughts about Rhule's comments and essentially throwing him under the bus, and Cam replied that he wasn't going to make any comment up there out of emotion following a tough loss because no good could come of it.  He owned his mistakes, as usual, and moved on.  And now you have Fatt Fhule coming back the day after, as if it was some noble gesture, admitting he was 100% wrong on blaming Cam for that play yesterday.  It was a horrible fuging call to begin with, but Fhule didn't want to blame his high school sweetheart for making it in the first place, so he blamed Cam.  When he explained it yesterday, I felt like the explanation was bullshit because he said we only had the bubble in there if there was a blitzer, but the blitzer was picked up so it shouldn't have been thrown - newsflash!   I watched the game yesterday, and I'm not a coach, and can tell you more often than not, the "blitzer" wasn't picked up.  Rhule is a fuging joke.  And when you constantly throw your leaders under the bus only to come back and say after watching it you were wrong, I can't possibly imagine how you hold any fuging weight in the locker room.  The damage was done with the first ill-informed dumbass fuging statement, where he should have kept his fuging mouth shut and deferred to comment until he could look at the play - which is his usual M.O.

I just can't believe this guy is still here and how fuging dysfunctional this team is right now.  He is a joke and he has to fuging go.  Him and all his merry band of college slapdicks.

I'm beginning to think that Rhule should've been fired and Brady should've been made the interim. If you're going to lose, at least lose finding out if Brady is truly a prodigy or if he's a JAG. The problems with his offenses weren't Brady but rather the offensive line. You can't scheme ANYTHING around the weakness of this group. You just call what you call and hope for the best. 

Now a potential generational talent is gone and we are left with Rhule and his high school coach friend.

4 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Well Rhule targeted those players and had final say on the roster... and there is zero direction. 

Exactly right Rhule does have 51% final say on all roster and player personnel decisions which was a pretty freaking stupid for Tepper to give him that!