• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Absolve a Panther Player of Injuries

PantherBoy95

Real life isn't exactly any fun for Panthers Fans right now...
So a hypothetical question.

You get any Panther player in history to stop from being injured/injury prone...
Who would you choose?

Maybe even throw in a Wild-Card guy that wasn't a sure-fire all time great for us.

I'll go with, Cam Newton, and my wild card would be Jeff Otah 😂.

• Pie 1

Luke and CMC would be massive without the injuries. Cam would still be in the discussion of top QBs in the league right now, rather than him being discussed as being over the hill. Jake was in his best season ever when injury just ruined him.

But if I had to go back and make a complete change for one guy, it would have been Jordan Carstens. He was a DL for the Panthers who was probably the most country strong player we've ever fielded. He was becoming a real factor in games thanks to the emphasis we were putting on the d-line in 2004-2006. Excellent coaching and great play from Pep and Rucker along with DT Brentson "King of the Sneaky Hold" Buckner. Jordan had to leave the sport behind in 2006 due to kidney issues. Always thought he was going to be one of the greats, but it just didn't work out for him.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 2