• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby vouching for Cam next season.

usmcpanthers

3 hours ago, CmC2k said:

Get us some competent Olinemen and NFL level coaching and we are actually a really solid team. Cam still has a little bit of superman in him and with how poorly coached we look maybe we can still get something out of Darnold. Our defense is solid we need two safeties once a better staff moves Chin back to LB. On offense we need to throw every available resource we have at the offensive line. Then in 2023 or 2024 look for a QB so he can step into a good spot with a top 10 defense and a solid Oline.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Give us a fuging OLine so we can ACTUALLY see what Cam can do. Is Cam what he used to be, no of course not, however this OLine has been absolutely atrocious and got all the QB's we have used this season killed. Not going to be able to throw the ball well when you have a defender in your face the moment the ball is snapped. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hasn't Robby also vouched for Rhule, though?

If he has, especially recently, I haven't seen it.  TBH, I've always felt like there was a bit of a tension and distance between the two of them just seeing how they talk about each other and interact with each other.

While it isn't a popular opinion, the idea that an O line will fix everything and we can use the QBs we have like Cam or Sam is pretty naive. Cam cant throw with touch or deep due to injuries and that won't change. He is 0-10 in his last 10 starts for us and he really hasn't played well. His quarterback rating is under 70 and he hasn't thrown for 200 yards yet. It is easy to see that corners sit on his receivers routes and wait for him to throw it hard and high. They undercut his throws and don't fear the deep ball or him throwing it over their head dropping the ball in with touch. These kind of issues won't change no matter what the o line does.  Darnold isn't much better because he still can't read defenses, makes risky throws although he is not hindered by injuries and still has a deep ball.  While playcalling has been atrocious as well it wasn't the biggest issue. Honestly I would welcome a Baker Mayfield over what we currently have.

• Pie 1

Cam is getting praise from what he did for us from 2011-2018. If Darnold put up the same stats in the last month he’d be getting torched and blaming only the OL would not be happening. And no, I am not saying Darnold is better than Cam. It’s time to let him go after this year, his body just doesn’t allow him to be a successful nfl qb anymore. 

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

While it isn't a popular opinion, the idea that an O line will fix everything and we can use the QBs we have like Cam or Sam is pretty naive. Cam cant throw with touch or deep due to injuries and that won't change. He is 0-10 in his last 10 starts for us and he really hasn't played well. His quarterback rating is under 70 and he hasn't thrown for 200 yards yet. It is easy to see that corners sit on his receivers routes and wait for him to throw it hard and high. They undercut his throws and don't fear the deep ball or him throwing it over their head dropping the ball in with touch. These kind of issues won't change no matter what the o line does.  Darnold isn't much better because he still can't read defenses, makes risky throws although he is not hindered by injuries and still has a deep ball.  While playcalling has been atrocious as well it wasn't the biggest issue. Honestly I would welcome a Baker Mayfield over what we currently have.

make that 0-12 in his last 12 starts

6 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Simply...Robby should STFU and catch the ball...work on that.. Like his vote is worth something....lol

Totally agree. As far as hands, Smitty would smoke Robby and DJ.

They need to work on being elite ball catchers. Too many times Cam has hit guys in the hands just to get an incompletion.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:34 PM, ichigo1057 said:

Give us a fuging OLine so we can ACTUALLY see what Cam can do. Is Cam what he used to be, no of course not, however this OLine has been absolutely atrocious and got all the QB's we have used this season killed. Not going to be able to throw the ball well when you have a defender in your face the moment the ball is snapped. 

Playcalling would help