• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

rayzor: "We don't want no team that's ok with losing"

rayzor

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't even know wtf this process is even building. The team is weak in every sense of the word.  I don't care a ton about losses if we'd at least see progress!

Yeah... What is it supposed to look like?

What are we trying to build? What's the end game? 

If I had a clue what it was I *might* be ok with it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Ranks Bryce no.4 behind Stroud/AR/Levis I just don't feel it with Young. And what do I mean by that? Well, firstly, I didn't see any flashes from Young as a rookie. You know, a few games-- maybe not even consecutively -- where he looked confident and poised and that combination led to quality results.  There was the 300-plus-yard effort late in the season against Green Bay that stood out. But even if that game was encouraging, it was thoroughly outweighed by disastrous performances. In my weekly grading project of the first- and second-year quarterbacks in 2023, Young had one "A" grade and two grades in the "B" range. All of his other starts ranged from a "C+" to an "F." Yes, that Packers game was impressive; it's just too difficult for me to see him repeating that type of performance on a regular basis because of his lack of physical tools. He doesn't have a strong arm by NFL standards. It's not brutal, but it's not doing him favors frequently. He's a good athlete but not nearly dynamic enough to repeatedly make defenders miss or scamper away from oncoming defenders often. His accuracy and processing are his two strengths, but neither are so spectacular they negate his hard-to-improve weaknesses. The Panthers did make somewhat of a concerted effort to build around him, trading for underneath separator Diontae Johnson in March before moving up in the draft to select South Carolina's Xavier Legette. I still think Carolina's receiver group will struggle to collectively get open, but the offensive line should be sturdier with free-agent adds Robert Hunt at right guard and Damien Lewis at left guard.  I don't have enough belief in Young's tools, nor the roster in Carolina, to predict Young making a leap in Year 2. 
    • I don't know if you're being intentionally dense or if it just comes naturally but wow. 
    • “99% sure” isn’t completely writing him off? splitting hairs don’t you think? sounds more like you’re being passive aggressive, and keeping that one little percent around just in case, so you don’t have to say you were wrong. speaking of icing up, son… LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL how’s that? amidoinitrite?