• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone still trust Tepper at this point?

Mr. Scot

Let's review David Tepper's miscues on the football side of things to date:

- kept Marty Hurney in place
- let Marty have a hand in picking the head coach
- hired Matt Rhule
- gave Rhule a big contract and full power
- has tried to move away from the "keep pounding" mantra

And as if those weren't bad enough, Tepper is currently expected to keep Rhule around for another year despite his being an utter disaster of a head coach.

Oy 😖

So in the light of all this ineptitude, I'm curious. After seeing him make dumb decision after dumb decision regarding the direction of the franchise, how many people still have faith in David Tepper as the Panthers owner?

Is your answer dependent on whether or not he keeps Matt Rhule?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

He shows rhule the door and allows the new guy and the front office to atleast fix the o line this team will turn around quick. 

Tepper is no dummy.  He is new to this so ill give it time.  I know he wants to win at all costs and thats encouraging.  He just has to learn how.  In the grand scheme of things it hasn't been very long since the ownership change.  But poo rhule gotta go.

Edited by motocross_cat
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

My question is as follows:

provided we all get our holiday wish, who would be the best possible option at HC and OC considering we badly need a qb whisperer and o-line magician?

I'm not huge into Bienemy for the obvious reasons.

The more I think about it the more I lean towards Josh McDaniels and I'm not happy with myself for reaching this conclusion. 

• Beer 1

Only if he stops injecting himself into conversations about the QB position.

Missing $20M + a 6th from this season along with a 2nd, 4th, and $19M from next season all so that Tepper could be appeased.

We could've been sitting here freeing up $21M in cap space with Fields or Jones starting after sacrificing Teddy behind this year's OL.

But we have an owner that thinks like a Huddler. Now look at us: behind schedule and in even greater disarray than before.

You hate to see it. 😕

• Pie 4

What choice do we have, he’s not leaving any time soon…

I was definitely expecting growing pains and so I don’t think we can leap to any conclusions on him yet.

If anything his actions show indecision, something you’d expect from someone inexperienced as a sports franchise owner.

He needs to build up some reliable experience close contacts he can consult with to help develop his decision making

• Pie 1

People have to earn my trust, I rarely give it out.

Tepper not only failed to earn my trust, he likely made it impossible to ever earn my trust.

He has not made a single good decision since he became the owner of the Panthers.

Please don't say "got rid of the shield", that is complete BS that only weirdo fans would appreciate.

• Pie 2