• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding Fitterer

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're referring to the same guy who said he couldn't wait to work with Cam Newton?

Rhule said prior to taking an NFL job that he wanted the same kind of power Belichick has. He in fact stated that was what it would take to lure him to the NFL.

He doesn't do all the leg work, but he holds all the power (just like a lot of bosses do).

And seriously, do you really think one of Rhule's Temple guys getting an extension before a better player at the same position doesn't have Rhule's fingerprints on it?

The robby deal I think was this. Robby was a FA and came off his best season. Panthers traded for Sam, he knew what was in store. So be firm and hold-out for more money cause an season with Sam would ruin his big free agent pay-day. Imagine how much money Robby get if had this years 400 yards 2 TD numbers on the market, maybe 2-3 million?? Pulled a true 900000 IQ move. Called that months ago.

We all know Rhule is proven lair, no idea why hes stuck on doing meaning-less lying, but thats his MO. All coaches want the most juice they can get. Smart teams would allow someone like Bill Billacheat all the juice and not allow a first timer form powerhouses Baylor/Temple all the juice....

Of the three Panthers representatives taking part in the conversation, Hurney was the most skeptical of Rhule and if he would be the right fit.

“You go into it and you have preconceived notions and I was probably more toward Matt Rhule in the process, the ranking, just for me. Marty had other rankings,” Tepper said. “And then I think once we saw him switch over — me and Steven were kind of on the Matt Rhule, leaning that way — once Marty, who was a little bit skeptical, went over that way, then we went into recruiting mode.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article239072273.html

5 minutes ago, kass said:

Of the three Panthers representatives taking part in the conversation, Hurney was the most skeptical of Rhule and if he would be the right fit.

“You go into it and you have preconceived notions and I was probably more toward Matt Rhule in the process, the ranking, just for me. Marty had other rankings,” Tepper said. “And then I think once we saw him switch over — me and Steven were kind of on the Matt Rhule, leaning that way — once Marty, who was a little bit skeptical, went over that way, then we went into recruiting mode.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article239072273.html

From that same article...

Did you hear the guy speak?” Tepper responded when asked about Rhule’s lack of significant NFL experience. “It is what it is. This is a guy who sets a standard … this is an elite manager ... an elite trainer of men, an elite motivator of men.”

Ugh 😣

My biggest fears at the time of the hire came from.these stories. It just sounded so much like someone falling for a pitch from a really good salesman.

At the very least, I thought they should have gone ahead and finished the interviews they had scheduled, but nope.

It’s hard to say if Fitt is a quality GM or not because Rhule has the final say on everything. We don’t know which decisions were Fitt going to Rhule and Rhule signing off and Rhule just telling Fitt what he wants.

I know one thing, not sure I can trust either of them to fix our o-line looking at Fitt’s time in Seattle and what they did to Wilson.

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

Honestly, Rhule Fitterer and Samir are the first 3 out the door. 

Samir is one of the top salary cap managers in the NFL and is often talked about as a potential GM candidate because of it. It would be incredibly stupid to let him go. Rob Rogers who did all our negotiations previously and kept us in cap hell for all those years with how he structured contracts.

7 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

My worry is Rhule had final say so on personnel.

I don't think he did...

...the Appaloosa Model potends for a collaborative approach and Fitty/Rhule were on equal footing.

The org chart looks like this:

TEPPER

RHULE <  > FITTERER

[EVERYONE ELSE]

As such, internally it's seen as a "we" problem (Fitty/Tepp/Matt) vs. a "you" problem (Rhule) and the likely near-term reaction/solution will be material changes in a number of areas but the ruling-troika continues for another year...

(doing my best here to get rid of Rhule for all you haters 🤣😂)

• Poo 2