• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy poo balls this is bad.

Zod

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

This is EXACTLY what he told Temple before leaving to go to Baylor…

“This is hard man,” Rhule said back in 2015, via a CBS News affiliate in Philadelphia. “This is really, really hard. People start coming to your door and say hey, ‘I got four million dollars.’ But you know what, I’d rather coach Temple’s kids. I love these kids. I’d rather coach here and coach Temple’s kids then just sell my soul for four million dollars. That is the truth and that’s as honest and open as I can be with you guys.”

The guys is a piece of poo.

David Tepper deserves whatever the outcome is of this entire situation for being a fugging loon, it’s a shame the fans have to sit through this though.

He signed an extention with Baylor and like 3 months later he signs a deal with Carolina. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, CRA said:

He signed an extention with Baylor and like 3 months later he signs a deal with Carolina. 

The guy has lied through his teeth over and over again with that same dumbass smirk. He's nothing more than a corner lot buy here pay here used car salesman who just lucked into a far better paying line of work.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

He’s a con artist, plain and simple. He keeps spewing the same rhetoric over and over again, it’s about money and always has been for him.

If it was truly about the players and the “process”, then he shouldn’t even need to bring up how much money he is leaving on the table.

He’s an egotistical asshat that somehow managed to get David Tepper to blindly follow him like he’s fugging Jim Jones.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I think a lot of the things Rhule says/does might work with teenagers - DBO sign,  "I could be the coach at Alabama but I choose to stay here", etc.  However these things don't fly with 30 year old guys who can see right through him.  

I always use Dabo as the example.   A legit great college coach.  But he is a recruiter, culture guy, and motivator.  And his formula wouldn't work on NFL players.   At all.  Would be silly to attempt it.  I don't think it is so much about seeing through what Dabo does.  But a 18 year old kid and 28 year old family man see everything different in life.  Because life is drastically different for the two. 

In pros you basically just need a respected locker room guy ...who is a great in the moment game manager that excels at gameplanning week to week (X and Os).   

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

This is EXACTLY what he told Temple before leaving to go to Baylor…

“This is hard man,” Rhule said back in 2015, via a CBS News affiliate in Philadelphia. “This is really, really hard. People start coming to your door and say hey, ‘I got four million dollars.’ But you know what, I’d rather coach Temple’s kids. I love these kids. I’d rather coach here and coach Temple’s kids then just sell my soul for four million dollars. That is the truth and that’s as honest and open as I can be with you guys.”

The guy is a piece of poo.

David Tepper deserves whatever the outcome is of this entire situation for being a fugging loon, it’s a shame the fans have to sit through this though.

And didn’t he turn around and make sure the Giants weren’t going to offer more than the Panthers before accepting? Lmao

I’ve waited for Tepper and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but if this idiot boy scout leader who doesn’t know how to talk to adult men comes back year 3, fug Tepper.

A bad owner will kill a franchise for decades if it survives.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I always use Dabo as the example.   A legit great college coach.  But he is a recruiter, culture guy, and motivator.  And his formula wouldn't work on NFL players.   At all.  Would be silly to attempt it.  I don't think it is so much about seeing through what Dabo does.  But a 18 year old kid and 28 year old family man see everything different in life.  Because life is drastically different for the two. 

In pros you basically just need a respected locker room guy ...who is a great in the moment game manager that excels at gameplanning week to week (X and Os).   

Yep. Nothing wrong with "just" being a great college coach. It's just that the skill sets to be a great college coach and a great NFL coach are pretty different so the translations are far from perfect. NFL coaching is Xs and Os all day everyday. It's a lot less about player development and much more about scheming, play calling, and refining minute details. College coaching primarily recruiting. It's not the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmies and the Joes. Don't get me wrong, you still need some coaching to win championships but you can build a good college program simply through recruiting and having some decent coordinators under you.

• Pie 2

I couldn't be happier that I unloaded our PSLs years ago. I've also become a lot more accepting and less emotionally attached since making a conscious decision to give up my fandom for any one team. It's far better to be just a fan of the game and enjoy watching the sport for what it is instead of allowing a team to impact your life on an emotional level.

Now, I watch whatever football game may look to be interesting, otherwise I have other things to do. It's such a better life, a healthier life.

The franchise is broken. Fixing a broken franchise is not easy because the owner is making money hand over fist regardless of the team's success or failure. Only when an owner truly wants the team to succeed is there an opportunity to fix it.

• Pie 5

24 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Honestly, I’m warming up to the fact that he is going to be here next year. We’re clearly not going to win many games next year regardless and we don’t have enough cap space or draft capital to fix anything this off-season, so we may as well have him leading the charge and taking the fall for the poo show he’s created. I honestly hope he bails mid year like Petrino did just to show the rest of the league and its fans what type of guy he is. 

it sucks that we will have to sit through another crappy year of football, but at least we know the new head coach will be walking into a top five pick, in a better qb class draft. 

With all that said, Tepper needs to strip him of roster control at seasons end to make certain he doesn’t mortgage our future. 

Not a bad idea. Maybe Tank Commander Rhule can do something right on his way out and land us CJ Stroud or Bryce Young. It’s the least he could do for these last 2 years of utter failure. 

• Pie 1