• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just watch Sam's feet.

Zod

18 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Right before that final snap when he threw the pick, they zoomed in on his face. He looked scared to death. 

and talk about a poo play too.  Rhule said they were setting up a hook and lateral.   Which might of been true. Like all things Matt Rhule….the play wasn’t even setup to work if it wasn’t picked.  Hubbard was miles away from crossing over for a pitch.   

Teddy was spot on about this team not practicing and preparing properly.  Still evident. 

• Pie 8

The only upside is if we are able to trade down and pick up an extra 1st in 2023 so that the new coaching staff can have two firsts and an OL with at least 2/5 spots filled when we ride Sam into the bottom 5.

This is hell.

Edited by Icege

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule said they were setting up a hook and lateral.

hahahaha :))

I noted in the game thread yesterday that the offense got the ball with all their timeouts, with 4 minutes left on the clock at the 23 yard line.

When the clock went below 1:00 the offense was at the 41.

The offense had gained only 18 yards in just over 3 minutes while the clock was ticking away, lol.

So I’m not surprised AT ALL that Fhule chose to wing it on a poorly executed (like everything else on this team) hook-and-lateral. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

While this is comically bad execution on Sam's part, let's consider something.

The 5 guys in front have shown all season that they themselves are 5 reasons for any QB to be scared. Then you have the fact that this is a play where the bad OL is going to intentionally not keep off the pass rush with the fact that the screen wasn't even really open.

While I don't excuse it....I get it. Kudos to all 3 of our QBs for snapping the ball at all honestly.

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, lightsout said:

While this is comically bad execution on Sam's part, let's consider something.

The 5 guys in front have shown all season that they themselves are 5 reasons for any QB to be scared. Then you have the fact that this is a play where the bad OL is going to intentionally not keep off the pass rush with the fact that the screen wasn't even really open.

While I don't excuse it....I get it. Kudos to all 3 of our QBs for snapping the ball at all honestly.

While not good.  PJ and Cam don’t play scared.  Sam does. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still think he could potentially have been fixed here if a couple of conditions had been met:

1) a quality offensive line in place

2) a better coaching staff

Instead, we got a line and coaches that weren't any better than what he had with the Jets.

Even so, there were good results early on, and those were not an illusion.

They were a house of cards though. And it all fell apart in a heartbeat, which tells me that Darnold was too fragile to withstand any more.

He basically needed near perfect conditions for this project to work, and that clearly didn't exist here. What we had was pretty closely equivalent to performing complicated brain surgery in the middle of a battlefield.

So the question now becomes could another staff rebuild him?

Personally, I don't think so. Not into a starter anyway. It might conceivably be possible to coach him up to being a quality backup.

But again, this staff aint the ones to do that, or...well, anything 😕

Funny i agree Memes

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Video from Ellis here. All I want you to do is watch Sam's feet when the ball is snapped. 

That there is David Carr syndrome and is something that he will never overcome. Scared to death when there isn't a reason to be 

Tell you what I notice too, all three WRs within six feet of each other.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

When you take a QB who has been in a bad situation with a shitty Oline...and put him on a new team with the very same issues, the blame is not on Sam.

Tepper needs to fix this now...waiting another year is insane.

I can’t understand why so many folks struggle with this concept?

If Gase messed him up, Rhule ruined him.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

He is truly just a broken, awful, scared QB.  Literally the worst supposed starting QB ive ever watched, and I have watched some real stinkers.  Jesus Christ, what have we done?

I hear Snow and Rhule thought he was like Matt Stafford.

should have prefaced that with ‘when Matt Stafford is bad, Sam looks like him ‘

lol.   Quite the Bozos we have running this circus 

This play not only shows how uncomfortable and scared Darnold is with this offensive line, it also shows our coaching staff's continued ineptitude to call a good play OUT OF A TIMEOUT on a 3rd down play.

Bunch all your wide receivers, who by the way haven't really shown any ability or desire to block well, on the left side of the formation and call what looks like to be a quick screen. Two players on the right hand side of the formation to possibly go to and both covered well....Sam never looks that way.

This is not an NFL offense, I can draw up better plays in the damn dirt on the playground than this OC and head coach can preparing all week.  How in the hell did they think this was going to work?  Sam looks like he is dancing back there and then does his receiver a solid by throwing the ball at the ground so the receiver doesn't get put in the ICU in a New Orleans hospital.

PATHETIC.

Edited by Rocky Davis
Correction - there were 2 options to the right in the play.
  • Pie 2

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

This play not only shows how uncomfortable and scared Darnold is with this offensive line, it also shows our coaching staff's continued ineptitude to call a good play OUT OF A TIMEOUT on a 3rd down play.

Bunch all your wide receivers, who by the way haven't really shown any ability or desire to block well, on the left side of the formation and call what looks like to be a quick screen.  Two options to the right that same never looks at and were covered anyways.

This is not an NFL offense, I can draw up better plays in the damn dirt on the playground than this OC and head coach can preparing all week.  How in the hell did they think this was going to work?  Sam looks like he is dancing back there and then does his receiver a solid by throwing the ball at the ground so the receiver doesn't get put in the ICU in a New Orleans hospital.

PATHETIC.