• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Targets: O’Brien, Jay Gruden

BIGH2001

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Best news all day!!!

Full Glazer audio transcribed: "Matt Rhule: I know its been put out there that he's safe - not so fast - Matt Rhule has to hire a rockstar offensive coordinator for him to actually save his job and he's been reaching out to some of those candidates this week."

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Jay Glazer just now on Fox NFL Sunday: said Matt Rhule will have to hire a rockstar OC to save his job. He's NOT safe despite the reports that have already came out.

Has there ever been a coach fired after black Monday? That is just weird. A "rockstar" OC isn't gonna help Matt Rhule turn this team around. This crap is crazy.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, NYPantherFan said:

Anthony Lynn is expected to become available after today's games. He should get some consideration in my opinion. I'd take him over Garrett and BOB I think.

Haha. What the hell. He was so bad for the Lions that he was stripped of playcaller duties. He sucks. 

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Has there ever been a coach fired after black Monday? That is just weird. A "rockstar" OC isn't gonna help Matt Rhule turn this team around. This crap is crazy.

Doug Pederson just last year. He was fired the week after Black Monday.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

When has Jay Glazer broke any news since hes become UFC Jay??

Glazer is still the best NFL reporter out there. He doesn't just put crap out unlike team PR mouthpiece CrapSheet & whatever Adam" I'll just tweet whatever agents tell me" Schefter. 

If Glazer says something - there's merit to it.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This post is probably better suited here as this is the more active thread:

I'm gonna be honest and objective about this. Look at the situation. We have a college coach who has won 10 games in two seasons. He is expected to go into next season on the hottest seat in the league. We are flailing at QB with terrible moves that are hamstringing both our draft capital and our cap space and are almost certainly poised to make another one of those moves in the near future. We have no OL. We have some nice weapons at WR and arguably the best all-around (yet injury plagued) RB in the NFL, but we reportedly plan on shopping him.

If I was a legit candidate, why would I even consider this gig, especially if I'm a former HC with likely a plethora of NFL connections?

Honestly, the only real answer I'm coming up with is that I already have one foot out the door of coaching and I'm looking to fleece Tepper out of a retirement check to buy another vacation home and a fishing boat. The best "positive" answer I can come up with is that I figure Rhule is certain to get fired because he's not cut out for the NFL and I think I can get an audition as the HC if Rhule gets fired mid-season.

Tepper may be brilliant in the world of finance, but he's probably the biggest sucker in football right now and the word is out.

Agree with most of what is said but there are only so many nfl jobs and there are ambitions 

look at Sean  McDermott   He was made Andy Reid’s scapegoat in Philly  he was out of a job 

Rivera has the HC gig  coaching a Panthers team much like the one we have now 

Rivera takes a chance on Sean  and the rest is history  

Granted it could be said that Rivera is not the sketchy weasel Rhule is but the point remains 

Some  times assistant coaches take falls for the HC and turn it around in the second or third opportunity 

there are only so many openings in the NFL vs many with ambitions 

Edited by raleigh-panther