• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trench Talk with Mike Wahle

kungfoodude

6 minutes ago, KSpan said:

To paraphrase, "We lost more games in the NFL because of poor technique, than poor scheme" was a really interesting comment.

He hits a lot of good points. He definitely covers one thing that I get annoyed that fans don't appreciate or realize. The idea of taking project players and molding them. As a professional athlete, that requires the motivation to go get better every day ON YOUR OWN. I saw that with what Horn was doing in the offseason. 

So when you bring in a guy and talk about how you are gonna develop him(especially a veteran), I already have a good idea you don't know what you are talking about. Sam Darnold is the most obvious example but we have had plenty of them.

You want guys that actively pursue getting better every day. Those guys will be much more successful.

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He hits a lot of good points. He definitely covers one thing that I get annoyed that fans don't appreciate or realize. The idea of taking project players and molding them. As a professional athlete, that requires the motivation to go get better every day ON YOUR OWN. I saw that with what Horn was doing in the offseason. 

So when you bring in a guy and talk about how you are gonna develop him(especially a veteran), I already have a good idea you don't know what you are talking about. Sam Darnold is the most obvious example but we have had plenty of them.

You want guys that actively pursue getting better every day. Those guys will be much more successful.

Only reason you sawctgat with Horn is because his camp put it out there.

I wouldnt say Darnold is an obvious example and isnt motivated to get better. Pretty sure Darnold still trains with Jesse Palmer and Bills QB Josh Allen in the offseason. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

This is a REALLY exceptional listen for the OL fans. 

big Smoove with his cigar killed it for me.  As pointed out, many highschool players watch the podcast.  Big Smoove should put the cigar down.  I know Cam smokes and he should do the same.  Good information though.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

This is a REALLY exceptional listen for the OL fans. 

Great listen. I'm on OL fan. You can really tell the guys who work on technique vs the guys who rely on mass/athleticism. Good balance, leverage, and technique can overcome power and speed most of the time. That's why I love watching the big guys doing the footwork drills at the combine. You can really tell a lot in those few drills about how well some of these guys are going to do. 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, NYPantherFan said:

Only reason you sawctgat with Horn is because his camp put it out there.

I wouldnt say Darnold is an obvious example and isnt motivated to get better. Pretty sure Darnold still trains with Jesse Palmer and Bills QB Josh Allen in the offseason. 

Not saying he isn't trying but there is only so far you can get when you start so low.

1 hour ago, ThPantherFan said:

big Smoove with his cigar killed it for me.  As pointed out, many highschool players watch the podcast.  Big Smoove should put the cigar down.  I know Cam smokes and he should do the same.  Good information though.

The cigar was great. Looked like a Padron 1964 or 1926. 

• Beer 1