• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McaDoo to interview for OC job

Jmac

Not to get political, but my goodness. I want this thread to be exhibit A the next time I ever hear someone say that women are to emotional and irrational to be president. 

Here's a candidate that checks all the boxes. We said Rhule needs a coordinator with NFL HC experience. He's got that. We want someone who's been successful as an OC. He's got that. And still we get 10 pages of how he's the wrong kind of right for this position! Everyone is just looking for another reason to be upset. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Not to get political, but my goodness. I want this thread to be exhibit A the next time I ever hear someone say that women are to emotional and irrational to be president. 

Here's a candidate that checks all the boxes. We said Rhule needs a coordinator with NFL HC experience. He's got that. We want someone who's been successful as an OC. He's got that. And still we get 10 pages of how he's the wrong kind of right for this position! Everyone is just looking for another reason to be upset. 

McD.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Captroop said:

He's a bad coach and a very failed former/fired HC. 

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

Doesn't surprise me this is the best we can do after all that's happened. I'm not even getting upset I expected this. If you're glass half full about all this that's cool but there's a reason we've been clowned by the sports world for weeks now.

Seeing this guy reminds me of my youth when the Charlotte O's minor league baseball team (Jim Crockett Park) would find fans to come out on the field in those Sumo Wrestling outfits.  It was entertaining and humorous.  Maybe Matt and Ben could do something like that during halftime to entertain the fans?

Halloween Costumes for Dogs - Vince Cincy

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

There are legitimate concerns.

McAdoo flamed out horribly in new York. It was bad enough that I'm not sure you can really say "head coaching experience" in this case. Technically yes, but practically? No.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are legitimate concerns.

McAdoo flamed out horribly in new York. It was bad enough that I'm not sure you can really say "head coaching experience" in this case. Technically yes, but practically? No.

Yes, but there's precedent for flameout head coaches still being very successful as coordinators. Steve Spagnuolo comes to mind. And good or bad, I thing any NFL HC experience would be valuable on the Rhule coaching roster. Not saying McAdoo is at the top of my list, but I don't see anything here to merit the kneejerk dismissiveness the board is treating this news with. 

• Pie 1