• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers only threw 177+ yards nine games this season. Mahomes gets 177 in less than 2 mins.

Saca312

Mahomes is great, there can be no question.

However, can you think of a better situation for a talented, young QB to fall into?  A head coach who is arguably the greatest offensive mind of his generation.  A veteran QB who entered the league with high expectations (Alex Smith) to draw upon and sit behind to watch.  It was the absolute best possible situation for him to fall into and allow his natural talent to grow.

Mahomes is the John Elway of his generation, but with better early support and success.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Tonight's game proves having a franchise QB matters if you want to win in today's NFL. The Bills #1 ranked defense was absolutely shredded in the last two minutes and allowed the Chiefs to make their comeback.

Interestingly enough, Patrick Mahomes' last two minute performance in the 4th quarter eclipses in yardage over EIGHT games of the Panthers.

The Panthers, in nearly half their games this year, didn't even get past 177+ yards. Something Mahomes was able to do against the #1 defense in the NFL in the last TWO minutes.

Clearly, the Panthers need a QB that's able to perform at the high level we saw from Josh Allen and Mahomes. They're the future of the AFC and their duels will be legendary. The Panthers need to make their mark in the NFC and come up with a franchise-level QB too.

And coaching too, obviously. Reid and Mahomes make the perfect combo for their success. If the Panthers have hopes of competing in today's NFL they need to upgrade coaching too.

Either way, a wake-up call that the Panthers better hurry up and get their QB rather than keep throwing away at mercenaries and hope for mediocrity.

Darnold could be an All-Pro in a Reid offense. The problem isn't Darnold, it's the coaching staff and front offices ignorance of the offensive line.

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't know about that. In any event, I think Pickett has more arm talent than both of them.

Watch some Willis tape. Cannon.

Pickett....eh....IDK about that.

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, we suck, but I"m telling y'all that a competent OC and QB will make a huge difference. 

You mean QB and HC.

• Pie 1

Our staff has made poor decisions at QB for 2 years in a row. Sure wel could have rolled with Teddy until we found our superstar...then they traded for Sam.  Physical talent is part of it all but the QB needs to have the brains too which Sam never came close to having.   

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Watch some Willis tape. Cannon.

Just my initial assessment. Willis is very raw and somewhat erratic in the pocket with inconsistent mechanics. I think he gets away with a lot due to his level of competition. Yeah, he has a cannon, but cannon ≠ arm talent. 

I tweeted this Yesterday, but can you imagine for a moment, being a HC for an NFL franchise with a huge amount of control and say so on the direction of said team. Then watching the performances of the Rams, Chiefs and Bills yesterday and being like

nah fam…I don’t like the way that looks…not my brand of football…not the way I want to win” 

and then actively attempting to build the complete opposite. 

You don’t have to look far or use too much of your imagination because it’s what we are witnessing with Matt Rhule. 

Edited by Your GFs favorite huddler
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2