• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“If you have a QB you like, You take a shot there”

ncfan

15 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If that's really his strategy then either they had some serious dirt on Fields or Fitts ain't callin' the shots.

Incidentally, I agree.  If you find a QB you believe in, you draft him if he's there.  Doesn't matter where you are in the draft.

Or he answered that question in his quote.  "If you find a QB you like."

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Ask him why such an amazing GM prospect came to work as a yes man for an idiot HC next. 

Still overated around here but he at least speaks NFL PR vs feet in mouth Rhule. This guy actually traded for Sam Darnald after 3 years of NFL film. 

If he's a yes man, then he only did what his boss wanted him to do. 🤷‍♂️

That said, I'm all for either cleaning house and starting completely over or letting Fitt have a go as the guy in charge. If Fitt takes over and crashes, it'll just add to the amusement I get from watching the Panthers burn. If he succeeds or Tepper cleans house, it'll restore some hope I have as a fan. I win either way. 😁

• Beer 2

I don't see anything too crazy to read into.  When teams find a QB they want, they don't play some trade back and hope they still land them game.  They choose the QB they want if they're in position to.  We very well could be at 6 if they peg one of these guys franchise level talent and not just game managers. Unsure if they like any that much...yet.  

I don't think many teams are or will become enamored with any of these QB prospects so we very well could end up with one of the big-3 OTs.  He's simply saying, if there's a QB they like, they'll get him.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Howell or Pickett, come on down. You're the next QB of the Panthers. Pray to God or whoever you wish to protect you from the versatile line we put in front of you.

He mentioned Willis and Pickett by name and then said something about the other quarterbacks that were there as well. 

• Beer 1