• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“If you have a QB you like, You take a shot there”

ncfan

41 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If that's really his strategy then either they had some serious dirt on Fields or Fitts ain't callin' the shots.

Incidentally, I agree.  If you find a QB you believe in, you draft him if he's there.  Doesn't matter where you are in the draft.

I agree with everything Fitts said... and that you said. The Panthers passing on Fields and Slater to take a CB... yeah, that doesn't line up with what Fitts is saying here.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

If he's a yes man, then he only did what his boss wanted him to do. 🤷‍♂️

That said, I'm all for either cleaning house and starting completely over or letting Fitt have a go as the guy in charge. If Fitt takes over and crashes, it'll just add to the amusement I get from watching the Panthers burn. If he succeeds or Tepper cleans house, it'll restore some hope I have as a fan. I win either way. 😁

If he is a yes man then why the hell is everyone so hot to give him control? That's the hole in that logic, he is either bad at his job or a yes man. It's like no one learned from giving Rhule too much control when he wasn't an impressive candidate in the first place. 

I'm still hoping for a 2023 house cleaning too. Fitt has this year to do something impressive, last year was not very positive to me either way for Fitts. At this point Fitts has done nothing to indicate he is worth turning the team over to for even a year. 

I just want that hope back and I'm not putting it into Fitts or Rhule at this point, neither has earned in any way. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If he is a yes man then why the hell is everyone so hot to give him control? That's the hole in that logic, he is either bad at his job or a yes man. It's like no one learned from giving Rhule too much control when he wasn't an impressive candidate in the first place. 

I'm still hoping for a 2023 house cleaning too. Fitt has this year to do something impressive, last year was not very positive to me either way for Fitts. At this point Fitts has done nothing to indicate he is worth turning the team over to for even a year. 

I just want that hope back and I'm not putting it into Fitts or Rhule at this point, neither has earned in any way. 

Exactly. I'd like to see Tepper clean house, but I don't think he will. If Rhule wins more than 5 games, odds are he's back another year. Heck, I think he'll be back anyway since Tepper hasn't shown to be a good owner.

• Beer 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Exactly. I'd like to see Tepper clean house, but I don't think he will. If Rhule wins more than 5 games, odds are he's back another year. Heck, I think he'll be back anyway since Tepper hasn't shown to be a good owner.

Hurney should have taught us all that being good at your job is not the most important part of being a long term GM, it's being invaluable to the owner that keeps you around mediocre to bad teams. That is what I don't want to see from Fitts but think is incoming after Rhule. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why would they do that ?

To leap frog NYG and grab their favourite defensive player should they go with an OT at #4.

The specific picks mentioned mirror what the Eagles did when trading up to #6 in the last draft.

Edited by Icege

Wills, and Howell are going to make teams fall in love with them..

If Carson Strong Medicals come back Positive he could improve his rank as well..

But Wills is going to have ppl drooling like Zach Wilson did last year the way the ball explodes out of his hands... Its going to look different compared to everybody but Strong.. And even then it's still more explosive coming from a Ezekiel Elliott size athlete..

Then watching him play with actual NFL talent is going to be a revelation..

Edited by WOW!!

35 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Its a pretty simple concept and all he is doing is stating the obvious.

QBs are the most important position on the field, if you like one you take them.

If they like one will be determined by the scouting process.

Basically what several of us (including yourself) have been saying, while others are screaming you can’t do it without an OL… 

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Neither side is completely right... You need both to win a bowl..

No one is arguing that. The point is QB is the MOST important position in sports. If you don’t have one and one you like in available in the draft you draft him. Fix the OL with other picks/FA/next year. Priority one is getting your QB. If there isn’t one you like that’s a different story. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1