• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TheWolverine.com: “Matt Rhule tops Michigans wish list, sources confirmed”

Kraybrothers

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Wtf post is this lol. Tua sucks. Deal with it.

We’re talking about identifying offensive talent with a defensive coach and you smeared him as if the the most important position on this he football field was his fault when it’s obvious that management and ownership is complete poo on the dolphins. He wanted the better qb. Nothing he did was publicly disparaging to tua. But what he didn’t say spoke volumes. I’d love to have a coach like that here. No nonsense, no bullshit. The anti rhule.

Flores was given a quarterback to work with and the quarterback didn’t develop as hoped. There’s a number of reasons for that: the player; their OL being one of the worst in the league; and their offensive staff and scheme. The latter of which is under Flores’ direct control and in two years he failed Tua. Last summer Flores had the chance to hire a new coordinator to improve the offense and failed to do so, he picked two average candidates and couldn’t pick between them. Sorry that screams poor leadership.

For a head coach to not support the quarterback he has is not really what you want from a head coach. I’m all for speaking up and standing your ground, but when you lose that battle you can do two things: get with the program or resign. Flores apparently chose option three which was to do neither and instead undermine and not support his quarterback during their two seasons together. That’s the last thing any team needs from their head coach. 

Whatever your personal feelings towards Tua are, he has shown flashes of ability. What he needs is an improved OL and a coaching staff that supports him and puts him in a position to succeed. Flores didn’t do that, and if their next head coach does, I can see Tua doing a fair job. Not elite, but certainly middle of the pack to top half. 

2 minutes ago, Mike2.0 said:

Flores was given a quarterback to work with and the quarterback didn’t develop as hoped. There’s a number of reasons for that: the player; their OL being one of the worst in the league; and their offensive staff and scheme. The latter of which is under Flores’ direct control and in two years he failed Tua. Last summer Flores had the chance to hire a new coordinator to improve the offense and failed to do so, he picked two average candidates and couldn’t pick between them. Sorry that screams poor leadership.

For a head coach to not support the quarterback he has is not really what you want from a head coach. I’m all for speaking up and standing your ground, but when you lose that battle you can do two things: get with the program or resign. Flores apparently chose option three which was to do neither and instead undermine and not support his quarterback during their two seasons together. That’s the last thing any team needs from their head coach. 

Whatever your personal feelings towards Tua are, he has shown flashes of ability. What he needs is an improved OL and a coaching staff that supports him and puts him in a position to succeed. Flores didn’t do that, and if their next head coach does, I can see Tua doing a fair job. Not elite, but certainly middle of the pack to top half. 

Dolphins had a winning record the last two years 

Tua had a winning record each season when he started. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

f*ck it hire Flores if Rhule goes to Michigan. Tepper says he's progressive and wants to be on the right side of things after big daddy Richardson put a sh*t stain on this franchise. Right the ship by hiring a good coach put in crummy situations. 

I don’t know much about Flores but snap judgement says he is able to get a lot out of his team.  At the same time, Tepper seems to not GAF about the good ole boys club thing so he would probably be a guy that would not blink if Flores is the right hire. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

What is that product with respect to Bieniemy? He's not ultimately fully responsible for the offense and there is decades of evidence showing that a good offense under Reid is effectively coordinator-agnostic, almost always in the top 10 regardless of who is coordinating it.

So you're saying he doesn't get the same credit as all the other offensive coordinators that were hired? The guy who just got the Denver job wasn't fully responsible for the offense in GB so again I ask how do you evaluate the candidates what metric do you use? McDaniels wasn't fully responsible for the offense in New England either so why does Bieniemy have to be???

8 minutes ago, Mike2.0 said:

Choosing Herbert over tua was the correct call. That is the most important thing imo. You have to get the qb right and Flores wanted Herbert over tua. Tua is a game manager. All of the offensive woes come back to that. There is only so much you can do with him. Herbert is an elite talent. That’s what I’m most concerned with. It is the most important position on the field and we have to get that right. Can a defensive coach still identify offensive players critical for success and be onboard. Herbert had just as bad of an oline as tua until they drafted slater this past season. The dolphins supported tua by drafting waddle. Tua is limited physically. He doesn’t have the arm and has injury concerns.

The poor leadership thing is absolutely insane. Those teams played way above their talent levels. They won I think 8 of their last 9 games? That’s poor leadership? They swept the patriots last year the first time a team has done that in 20 years. Two winning seasons with tua, a young game manager, starting. Flores would bring instant credibility and respect to our very young team.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

f*ck it hire Flores if Rhule goes to Michigan. Tepper says he's progressive and wants to be on the right side of things after big daddy Richardson put a sh*t stain on this franchise. Right the ship by hiring a good coach put in crummy situations. 

Why hire an attention whore like Flores when there are plenty of viable options? 

• Poo 5

37 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

So you're saying he doesn't get the same credit as all the other offensive coordinators that were hired? The guy who just got the Denver job wasn't fully responsible for the offense in GB so again I ask how do you evaluate the candidates what metric do you use? McDaniels wasn't fully responsible for the offense in New England either so why does Bieniemy have to be???

I'm asking you to make your case for Bieniemy, and it sounds like all you have is 'because other guys got hired too'. I'm just asking to please explain what qualifies him. Reid has had quality offenses for 20 years and his OCs have not turned into quality HCs, with only 2 being HCs and Childress and Shurmur being .500 or below. There have bene other guys however, like Harbaugh, McD, and Pederson, who have had success, but not from the OC position specifically.

Regarding the other guys you brought up, McDaniels has been coordinating to some degree for 15 years, including calling plays for a decade or more, and was an actual HC before (though it didn't go particularly well) and Hackett has also been an OC for 8 years, 5 of them with full play-calling responsibility, including getting Blake Bortles to the AFCCG. They're both much more experienced at those levels than Bieniemy.

It ultimately makes no difference to me; I was just asking since you're the one attempting to make the case. IMO, from my perspective here in KC and following the Chiefs guys give him a lot of credit but it's not clear what Bieniemy is actually responsible for. This article, for example, specifically states that the offense is a collaboration between him and Reid:

Reid and Bieniemy have also both pointed out that it's not a one-man show for Kansas City's play-calling but rather a collaborative operation

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/eric-bieniemy-head-coach-andy-reid/rlhpfarvho8m10k3v2f2kjto1

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Verge said:

If this did happen, they would just go find a new coaching staff. Plenty of time. 

We'd likely only lose the Temple/Baylor part of the group. I imagine most of the staff that weren't Rhule loyalists would stick around.

(contingent on the new head coach wanting to keep them, of course)

• Pie 1