• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top O linemen free agents from the Athletic that can help end our nightmare….

WarPanthers89

James Daniels is the guy I would pursue.  Cappa will not be leaving TB.  Jensen is a ginger goof.  Fisher, Armstead and Scherrf are expensive like a Faberge´  egg and as fragile.  Laken and Orlando are gonna be out of out price range. The trick is to draft and develop our own offensive lineman.  All of the players on this list started out as rookies. Some had high draft status, but some were found in mid rounds or even undrafted ( Norwell) We actually can start by developing BC.  Pick up a high quality free agent  LG like James Daniels to pair beside him and in the draft look for other olineman to develop. This is a strong class.  No more retread lineman or QB's.  

1 hour ago, davos said:

I’m all about Brad Bozeman. Think he’s a realistic target and fits our offensive scheme.

I would absolutely love this. I believe center will be a huge position for us to fill, and I cringe thinking about Elf starting half the games for us before playing like hot garbage and being injured. Finding a decent FA G won’t be that hard…maybe even the draft, but center has to be addressed and I don’t see another situation in the draft where we can get a starter unless we trade back and get lucky. Bozeman would be a great pickup 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I would absolutely love this. I believe center will be a huge position for us to fill, and I cringe thinking about Elf starting half the games for us before playing like hot garbage and being injured. Finding a decent FA G won’t be that hard…maybe even the draft, but center has to be addressed and I don’t see another situation in the draft where we can get a starter unless we trade back and get lucky. Bozeman would be a great pickup 

Big AF southern boy, Alabama roots, think he’d enjoy playing and living in Charlotte too. Can rock it at C and play emergency guard.  Like him better than Ben Jones.

He’s my ideal pickup. Draft a LT high. Then the focus is at LG and RG. Maybe that’s Brady and Deonte, maybe someone else but that’s the way I tackle this.

Realistically, we have 2 decent FA signings available if we want to get a for sure contributor this year. Bozeman at C/G and Anthony Walker Jr at LB are my 2 fave targets to set this team up.