• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Alexander on Rhule/Fitterer/Morgan, re: roles in roster building

ellis

42 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I think Rhule needs to win at least 9 games next year to keep his job.  (believe it or not, Darnold went 7-6 with the jets in 2019, so it may be possible) 

Our schedule in 2022 looks to be more difficult than what we faced in 2021. We will face the NFC West and AFC North next season. Two divisions that are strong top to bottom. This means we'll play both Super Bowl participants plus a third team from Championship Weekend. There's still the off-season but those teams tend to be well run. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bingo. I will honestly be surprised if Rhule doesn't truly fug us over this offseason trading future assets in a desperately reckless attempt to win now.

Yup so much for his "program building". Any loser can gamble on random free agents and throw them under the bus when they don't work out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Fitterer and Morgan came aboard AFTER Rhule was hired. This falls more on Tepper for keeping Hurney around a year longer than he should although I understand the rationale. I’m of the thinking that Rhule having the final say does not mean he has total autonomy over the roster with no collaboration. As P-Claw stated earlier, the HC’s control over the roster is not unique to the Panthers, so there’s really no need for panic IMO.

They took the job as is like you stated 'after Rhule was hired' with complete control. They took it knowing how this was going to be ran, job interviewing runs both ways. That is on them, all except Morgan so far due to when he was hired, and they have done a very poor job to date. It all falls on Tepper sure but that doesn't take away from how bad the rest have done. 

It's not panic for me, it's complete disgust. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im confused as well, why the surprise??

Reactions seem par for the course, don't see anyone like,. "ohhh realllly?!?". The interesting note is the OP confirmation w/ the added news of the contract language.  It's always been his show.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im confused as well, why the surprise??

I think everyone already knew that. I think some folks were just holding out hope that after two seasons of colossal failure that maybe that dynamic had been shifted somewhat. I mean, I'm not surprised that it hasn't but there was definitely some cause for hope that maybe it had.

Tepper really is still all in on Matt Rhule. This would be like Tepper putting all of his hedgefund into a tanking penny stock with awful financials and no clear pathway towards financial success. How long do you think his investors would've stuck with him in that scenario? Well, we're the "investors" in this scenario and Tepper has no track record of success to lean on in the football world. In the football word, he's basically a Redditor in his mom's basement who still has his entire life savings tied up in GameStop stock. 😂

11 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

That's  quite the assumption there. 

Not really. There's a reason we don't hear about it more, and that's because teams aren't typically dumb enough to do it with unproven quantities.

Key word there being typically.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, davos said:

Reactions seem par for the course, don't see anyone like,. "ohhh realllly?!?". The interesting note is the OP confirmation w/ the added news of the contract language.  It's always been his show.

I thought most huddlers knew this since most here are in the hardcore status. The doomed and o noes ones, like this was the way for tepper to get his prized pick.