• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another departure

Mr. Scot

It won't matter much with a new coaching staff if Rhule is in charge of the draft and FA pickups .   He went all defense the first year and did not address the 0-line problems . He then went on two FA quarter backs spending our future draft picks .  If he goes QB again with the first pick our O-line will still look like a mess next season .

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Campen was a good coach, he hasn't been apart of a winning team in more than 5 years.

Wilks is a good DB coach trying to bring his career back from the dead after a year off. Not a good HC or DC, not at all. I think and hope we lucked in with him.

McAdoo is a rerun that has one positive for us, his QB finding abilities. If this was a new staff this hire would have been seen as a failure.

Tabor has been on 3 teams with winning seasons since 2008. If he is so great why is he always on losing teams? Very weird.

I actually agree with you on Pasqualoni, not even close to the norm below average as the rest of the added crew. 

Overall that is a lot to not be excited about, mostly Wilks whose career looks like it was in cardiac arrest even with his abilities to coach DBs. All of that and King Rhule is still doing his thing. Nothing looks set up for success outside of DB development (fingers crossed) and those guys are not suddenly going to stop full speed Olinemen that make it into the secondary constantly this year regardless of Wilks coaching them up. I don't get the hype sir. 

This would alll make sense if football wasn’t a 3 team sport (offense, defense, special teams) but it is.

this is basically like saying Matthew stafford is bad qb because he has only had 3 winnings seasons before coming to the rams.

you need to look at the accomplishments of each of these coaches. They have flipped last in the league positions to top of the league. Developed players into all pros and fielded some of the leagues best units over their years. They did their jobs, and that’s what matters right now for our franchise. We are going from green coaches to tenured coaches. We saw the impact of inexperienced position coaches last year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Crickets from Scot for months until the Tepper/Rhule bashing threads started in earnest. Since then he's been here every day adding to the pile, lol. 

You should stop. You have no clue about Mr Scott and what he contributes to this board. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This would alll make sense if football wasn’t a 3 team sport (offense, defense, special teams) but it is.

this is basically like saying Matthew stafford is bad qb because he has only had 3 winnings seasons before coming to the rams.

you need to look at the accomplishments of each of these coaches. They have flipped last in the league positions to top of the league. Developed players into all pros and fielded some of the leagues best units over their years. They did their jobs, and that’s what matters right now for our franchise. We are going from green coaches to tenured coaches. We saw the impact of inexperienced position coaches last year. 

It still stands even if it is an oversimplification for discussion purposes. Player vs coach is too different to make a good example. You also cherry picked the highest valued position in the NFL. If this staff was a player it would be Sam Darnold now after the changes where it was Clausen last year (seems fair) since we are talking apples to oranges. 

Bad coaches with little experience vs bad coaches with a lot more experience doesn't change the fact we have elevated from a poor college level staff to more of a poor NFL staff. So there is an improvement there but not enough to call it NFL good. And it is all run by a poor college HC with complete control. Again, if this was the staff Rhule assembled in year 1 it would be considered a weak staff. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It still stands even if it is an oversimplification for discussion purposes. Player vs coach is too different to make a good example. You also cherry picked the highest valued position in the NFL. If this staff was a player it would be Sam Darnold now after the changes where it was Clausen last year (seems fair) since we are talking apples to oranges. 

Bad coaches with little experience vs bad coaches with a lot more experience doesn't change the fact we have elevated from a poor college level staff to more of a poor NFL staff. So there is an improvement there but not enough to call it NFL good. And it is all run by a poor college HC with complete control. Again, if this was the staff Rhule assembled in year 1 it would be considered a weak staff. 

I was just thinking about that, if Mcadoo being the OC was a stipulation for this staff in 2020, I don't think Rhule would have taken the job nor would Tepper have given him the job (depending on who hypothetically would have brought Mcadoo into the conversation). There is no process or program building which is the only thing Rhule is supposedly good at

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I was just thinking about that, if Mcadoo being the OC was a stipulation for this staff in 2020, I don't think Rhule would have taken the job nor would Tepper have given him the job (depending on who hypothetically would have brought Mcadoo into the conversation). There is no process or program building which is the only thing Rhule is supposedly good at

Too little too late. The biggest win is if Wilks can coach up the DBs that we have that are young and have big upside. The rest is reaching or trying to trick themselves away from how bad another year is going to be. It stinks but I don't want to play fantasy football. 

Then again what would the vin diagram of 'Sam is basically a rookie and just needs to be coached up' people vs ' this staff is so much better, look at that experience' people? I would guess there is a lot of overlap.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Give me names of O-line coaches who could’ve made those clowns look better than they did.

Well, put my name on that list.  

I would have started Brady Christensen and Deonte Brown for the last 6 games of the season.  I don't know if they would have played any better than the others (I don't think they could have played much worse).  But at least now we'd know if these two rookies had a future as NFL OL or not.  And that would better inform our FA and draft choices.  It's hard to decide who to go after if you don't even know what's on your roster right now.