• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albright: Panthers circling on Pickett

electro's horse

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Darnold did a few things well, too. 

Yeah, but they were completely different things. I called out how awful the Darnold trade was at the time, and did so with the Teddy signing as well.

I'm just saying I can see why some scouts have him as the number one quarterback this year. I can also see why he'll be a failure in the NFL, and was very open about it the last few weeks.

Edited by Krovvy

8 hours ago, Kraybrothers said:

Lmao all these guys hating on Pickett… why? Hes by far the best QB in the draft and actually looks a lot like Joe Burrow

Gotta save this as one of the most freezing cold takes of all-time.  This will not age well.  If Pickett (on any team) ever makes the playoffs as a starting QB, I’ll chop off my left hand.  If he ever makes a SUPER BOWL, I’ll let you chop off my right. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Maybe I'm just at acceptance, but he does some things well. I think at worst we get a good backup quarterback. However, I hope the Panthers take the Arizona approach if that's the case. He really needs to learn to step up in the pocket though. 

He's great if you just want to attack the middle and right side of the field. Too bad this isn't college defense anymore. Whipple took 3 seasons to figure out how to scheme around Pickett's deficiencies. If Whipple were a head coach in the NFL, he wouldn't take Pickett.

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know he is gonna be a dud but his ceiling seems so obviously lower than is necessary to be taking in the top 15

He looks like a dud to me. Take Mac Jones and drop it a couple of levels. Way overblown prospect. Looks like Little as a QB to me, it's that bad. 

• Beer 2

10 hours ago, Verge said:

Yeah I had admitted I was totally dooped on Mac Jones. There was a lot out there about him, the team I was connected to had him penciled in at 3. Shannahan runs a great smokescreen, Rhule does not. 

I don’t necessarily think you were wrong about Mac at 3. I’ve read im a couple different spots that Shannahan was dead set on Mac but felt overwhelming pressure from his fan base and front office to take the freakish athleticism that Lance  provides. 

I don’t think it’s out of the question to say that Mac Jones on that niners team has them in the super bowl.