• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason finally here. Let's get down to business.

Zod

14 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This. Today is the first time I've been on these forums in a couple months, and it's not because most of you smell funny.

Okay it's not ONLY because most of you smell funny. It's because I've followed the team since the first year and right now the future feels worse than it's ever felt as a Panthers fan. Rhule and Co. have so thoroughly destroyed my passion for football lately that except for the Super Bowl, I missed an outstanding playoffs because I just didn't want to even think about football for a while because my team's situation is so depressing.

I honestly have no idea how people in places like Cleveland endured whole decades of poo like this and still stayed engaged with the team and the sport overall. It has to be some sports fan version of Stockholm Syndrome or something. I just have got better things to do with my life than spend time and energy following and engaging blatant incompetence, even to criticize it.

David Tepper, let me know when you're no longer running an organization actively destroying my love of the game. Til then I've got better things to do with my life than watch you and the clowns you've hired try to figure it out.

I get it. I didn't watch our last 3-4 games.

There's to much good football being played to willfully limit oneself to watching bad football.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Just as it has speculated that Rhule was told to get some real NFL coaches I have to hope that he is not going to have full control of the roster.  That is a big wish I know.  Has Tepper seen the light and decided that hos NFL people need to be making the big decisions?  Just trying to find a way to have some hope.

Sadly, already confirmed by more than one source that Rhule still has full roster control. It's written into his contract.

(Tepper is a numbskull)

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Just as it has speculated that Rhule was told to get some real NFL coaches I have to hope that he is not going to have full control of the roster.  That is a big wish I know.  Has Tepper seen the light and decided that hos NFL people need to be making the big decisions?  Just trying to find a way to have some hope.

I know his contract said he had full control but maybe Tepper told him that's off the table if he wants to stay employed.  Probably not but maybe.

We can try to build in FA but it also means we need to either overpay or find someone willing to come to this sinking ship.

We can restructure and probably eek another $5 mil to spend putting us at $29 mil in space. Factor in the draft class and a cap clearing or two we have about $22-25 mil to spend on FAs. 

That’s 1 or 2 nice OL contracts if we’re lucky. 

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 1

For the record, we have a GM with over 20 years of experience in college scouting, and a solid reputation for doing it well.

We also have an assistant GM who's considered a riding star in the pro scouting department, so much so that he's been looked at for GM opportunities already because of it.

And in authority over them both, we have Matt Rhule 😒

• Flames 1

The management and their lack of patience is absolutely horrific. We're stuck in a lame duck situation where we have a QB no one wants (just like we did with Teddy B). We now have a top 7 pick no one wants. I noticed an article yesterday saying we're looking at the QB trade market. With what assets? Tepper is going to have to take a massive L after next year and admit he was wrong. That's what I think. 

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

If he’s as “meddlesome” as reports suggest, I’m not sure Rhule ever really had full authority.  I’m guessing Tepper reserves the right to thumb the scale for whatever dumb thought he has.

Rhule may already be effectively fired.  Thinking on that prospect and the hellscape behind the scenes, we really could be looking at a Hindenburg type disaster.

There a long way to go before training camp.  Here's where my arm-chair idiot with a keyboard thoughts are:

1. Allow Morgan and Fit to do their jobs.  Look, Rhule's played god for two season and we have won 10 games.  At a point, you have to step back and let pros come in and do their jobs.  Even if Rhule is still making the final call, just rubber stamp them because you fugged up two years in a row.

2. I'd like to see some solid pros come in.  I don't think we're going to be paying out of this world cash for FAs.  There's just not the room.  We need to pick up some competent OL who can be coached well by our OL coach.  Unless something crazy happens, BC is our LT for 2022.

2a. Who do we keep?  Pick two: Reddick, Gilmore, Jackson.  It's going to depend on what the FA market is, but we'll see.  Ideally, we should be able to keep two of the three.  The rest are mostly JAGs to be honest.

3. Trade down into the Mid first.  Look, there are a lot of talented players out there, and teams do dumb stuff annually.  I'd love for the panthers to trade from 6 to 15ish and pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick, both would be amazing.  Then we can still pick an impact player, or Tyler Lindebaum - which would be a great impact player!

4. QB - Look Matt, you wanted TB, and he underperformed.  You spent a fair amount of draft capital on Darnold.  I think it's time you coached your boy up.  Since Matt plays patty cake with Sam's criticims, it's time for Matt to own Sam Darnold's play.  If it gets him fired, then he gets fired.  He made his bed and now he can sleep in it.

This leaves us with: 1 - a Solid (hopefully) OL, 2 - some good pieces on the D, and 3 - a good opportunity to see if one of our former HCs can right the ship.  I'm rooting for your Wilkes!

• Beer 1