• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Salary Cap

razorwolf

JMO = Scenarios 

Release

Dennis Daley, G          2,540,000

Matt Paradis, C (post jun-1)     4,146,668

Limit Hajrullahu, P/K          825,000

Cameron Erving, T         2,000,000

$9,511,668

Restructure 

Shaq Thompson, LB          5,190,000

Christian McCaffrey, RB     5,673,750

Taylor Moton, RT               11,373,750

$22,237,500

Trade

Robby Anderson, WR          9,163,332

CJ Henderson, CB               2,475,108

AJ Bouye, CB                       3,479,412

$15,117,852

Extension 

DJ Moore, WR                      8,064,800

CAP SAVINGS (OTC)        $54,931,820

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, razorwolf said:

JMO = Scenarios 

Release

$9,511,668

Restructure 

$22,237,500

Trade

$15,117,852

Extension 

lol.  What an absolute fantasy.

Have you observed the NFL for any length of time AT ALL?  Have you actually LOOKED at our roster?

When you talk about cutting a player, the first question you ask is "Can I replace that player for the money I get back?"  As bad as Erving and Daley are, the answer is no.  You can't replace them for the money you get back.  As someone else already pointed out, Paradis is unchangeable.  That's a void year.

If we restructure anyone, I promise it's no benefit.  We keep doing stupid crap like that and it's putting us at a disadvantage constantly.  Whether it's "dead cap" or "void years", we must stop kicking the can down the road.  We need to take our lumps NOW, while expectations are low, and go forward with responsible contracts.

Now the really funny part.  Trade Robby Anderson.  I mean, come on.  Trade Robby Anderson.  The guy just had a stinker of a season.  His trade value is at an all time low.  Frankly, I think his value is negative.  We'd have to give up something for someone to take him.  Henderson cost us a third round pick, we were the ONLY team to offer that and he did nothing to increase his value.  And again, how do you replace him for 2.4 million?  Same question with AJ Bouye.

The only part that even half makes sense is extending DJ, but you aren't going to do that by spending LESS money next year.

People keep wanting to do crazy crap next year - acting like we have a chance to make noise.  We don't.  1000%.  We need to use next year to purge the mistakes of the past in a responsible way.  Stop doing crap that puts us further behind the curve.  Take the lumps, fire the coach, install a front office structure that makes sense and move forward with a new coach and solid foundation.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

53 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Have you observed the NFL for any length of time AT ALL?  Have you actually LOOKED at our roster?

When you talk about cutting a player, the first question you ask is "Can I replace that player for the money I get back?"  As bad as Erving and Daley are, the answer is no.  You can't replace them for the money you get back.  As someone else already pointed out, Paradis is unchangeable.  That's a void year.

If we restructure anyone, I promise it's no benefit.  We keep doing stupid crap like that and it's putting us at a disadvantage constantly.  Whether it's "dead cap" or "void years", we must stop kicking the can down the road.  We need to take our lumps NOW, while expectations are low, and go forward with responsible contracts.

Now the really funny part.  Trade Robby Anderson.  I mean, come on.  Trade Robby Anderson.  The guy just had a stinker of a season.  His trade value is at an all time low.  Frankly, I think his value is negative.  We'd have to give up something for someone to take him.  Henderson cost us a third round pick, we were the ONLY team to offer that and he did nothing to increase his value.  And again, how do you replace him for 2.4 million?  Same question with AJ Bouye.

The only part that even half makes sense is extending DJ, but you aren't going to do that by spending LESS money next year.

People keep wanting to do crazy crap next year - acting like we have a chance to make noise.  We don't.  1000%.  We need to use next year to purge the mistakes of the past in a responsible way.  Stop doing crap that puts us further behind the curve.  Take the lumps, fire the coach, install a front office structure that makes sense and move forward with a new coach and solid foundation.

144C07BB-F0E2-451B-97A4-106312A8E058.gif.35fcf6d72aab0b9baebf93c2309e148a.gif

• Beer 1

Release

Dennis Daley, G          2,540,000 - it will probably happen.

Limit Hajrullahu, P/K          825,000 - done

Cameron Erving, T         2,000,000 - keep as a back up.

$9,511,668

Restructure 

Shaq Thompson, LB          5,190,000 - I would keep him and try, even add a year.

Christian McCaffrey, RB     5,673,750 - tough one. I think he has to play out the year so you know what you have in trade value or a franchise player.

Taylor Moton, RT               11,373,750 - I can see them doing something

Trade

Robby Anderson, WR          9,163,332 - Almost impossible. You'd get a 6th or 7th round pick right now. If you just want him gone to clear space, then maybe.

CJ Henderson, CB               2,475,108 - Valuable rotational piece as you need at least 4 to 5 good corners. Keep for another year or 2.

AJ Bouye, CB                       3,479,412 - Takes a cut to stay or trade but it would be a low pick, like a 6th or 7th rounder. Again need corners and we're not resigning both Ajax and Gilmore. 

Extension 

DJ Moore, WR                      8,064,800 - He's worth the most in a trade (we could get a 1st and 3rd for him) but I would want to keep him. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Maybe don’t be so condescending in your rebuttal post? OP didn’t kick your dog, seems like they’re genuinely trying to spark some discussion. All of your points are valid but jesus man, the delivery is pretty garbage. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, razorwolf said:

JMO = Scenarios 

Release

$9,511,668

Restructure 

$22,237,500

Trade

$15,117,852

Extension 

Terrible 

9 hours ago, shaq said:

Eh kind of tired of continually kicking the can down the road. This isn’t really a win now year anyway(besides for rhule), besides a splash oline signing I don’t really expect or want much. Let’s develop this young team.

You still need good players under contract for the future.