• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have reached out to Minnesota for Kirk Cousins

ncfan

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

@rayzor @Ornias

Please tell me you don’t think I was serious. I mean I couldn’t have been more sarcastic, even though deep in my gut I am truly scared that our FO is considering something like this.

I'd have to say three firsts for Cousins is worse than the Sean Gilbert incident.

I would like to sit here and say I'll hope or pray it doesn't happen but I frankly don't believe in either.  All I can do as a fan is focus on a team that deserves my attention more and over the past few years I've been focusing more on hockey.  So be it.  Life would certainly be more fun if the Panthers were better but I'm not devoting Sundays to them anymore.  

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

@rayzor @Ornias

Please tell me you don’t think I was serious. I mean I couldn’t have been more sarcastic, even though deep in my gut I am truly scared that our FO is considering something like this.

I figured you were. However given our current organization I would not be surprised if we did something that stupid. 

• Beer 1

I’m not saying I would do it but u know if they gave up 2nd and 4th for Darnold, Cousins will go for a first that’s just common sense. That’s because Panthers over reacted and thought they could fix a piece of junk from the junkyard and couldn’t. Teams know they can get a first from us. Tepper rushes into everything just like he did when he signed the sorry ass coach for 7 years.

10 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Cousins is probably the top QB in the middle tier of QB’s like Garopollo, Carr, Tannehill

Higher completion percentage type guys. Won’t win because of them. More likely to check down on a 3rd and long and raise that completion percentage than risk an incompletion throwing for a 1st down 

And no, I do not want Kirk f’n Cousins

I'd actually probably put Carr ahead of Cousins on that list. 

1. Carr

2. Cousins

3. Garoppolo

4. Tannehill

3 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Kirk can turn down trade right? Y’all really think he wants to come here lol. I can’t believe y’all all falling for this fake news.

He has a no trade clause but I doubt he would veto a move that brings him a monetary windfall like a new deal might.

It's hard to express how dumb we'd have to be to trade for a lame duck QB contract when he is likely to be available for relatively cheaply(less than $35 mil/yr) in 2023.

• Pie 2