• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still interested in Watson!

pantherj

35 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If he gets cleared I think teams across the league would enter the sweepstakes at that point.  So, Watson to Carolina won’t happen IMO…ever

That remains a giant IF but if it does then he would have teams throwing 1st at Houston for his services.

If Houston changes the price of a trade then that is when the Panthers enter the danger zone. I could see this organization jumping on that gernade, from Tepper to Rhule to Fitts. Trading for Sam left me without confidence in all of them.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think pining after a guy that doesn't want to be here accomplishes much anymore. 

Watson is a fantasy. He may never play again, he may have to sit out for a long time, and he may just not want to come here. And that is all ignoring the likely price to obtain him.

Other than that, the cap, the trade implications, and the fact we are more than a QB away from being a "contendah," he is perfect.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Mike2.0 said:

I don’t think I could support the team if we acquired Watson.

I guess it’s possible that every accusation is false and he could be proven not guilty. However, there would always be that doubt over whether he did or didn’t do what he was accused over with that many accusations, and on top of that, could be trusted going forwards. 

Personally I’d have a hard time with us acquiring Watson. Much like had we signed Big Ben this off season to a short term deal. I’d rather us look elsewhere for our QB.

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

He's a good qb for sure, but 

1. If any part of what he's being accused of is true, he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL again period. I'd leave the Panthers as a fan if they traded for him or signed him in any way shape or form. 

2. The draft capital to accure him would be astronomical. 

Absolutely not worth the headache

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Watson, who appears to be a criminal sexual predator, according to several credible NFL sources has no interest in playing for the Panthers, yet for some reason despite all the red flags the panthers are still trying to force something to happen that the football universe has already decided. What a pathetic franchise the panthers have become. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

This franchise is making it harder and harder for me to root for them. A move like this would finish me off.

If someone had told me a few years ago that the Panthers would be considering bringing in an alleged pervert to be the face of the franchise I'd have laughed in their face.  No way would the people of the Carolinas tolerate such an affront to their cultural values.

I honestly don't believe David Tepper has ever taken a moment's worth of his time to try and understand the region where he owns an NFL franchise.  He simply doesn't seem to get it.  This isn't NY/NJ/LA.

18 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If someone had told me a few years ago that the Panthers would be considering bringing in an alleged pervert to be the face of the franchise I'd have laughed in their face.  No way would the people of the Carolinas tolerate such an affront to their cultural values.

I honestly don't believe David Tepper has ever taken a moment's worth of his time to try and understand the region where he owns an NFL franchise.  He simply doesn't seem to get it.  This isn't NY/NJ/LA.

The sexual predator aspect is bad enough but according to several credible  NFL beat people, Watson does not want to play in Charlotte and will not wave his NT clause. 

so in the midst of a possible career jeopardizing investigation with serious ramifications on and off the field, the Panthers still tried to trade for him and he told them No thanks. Let that sink in. Move on Tepper my God. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What's the newest key-date in the long line of key-dates by which Mr. Whip-It-Out is guaranteed to be traded?

I don't know about that, but the latest date for the next thread saying we are all-in for Watson is about 3 hours after this one leaves the first page of threads.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1