• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING NEWS Deshaun Watson now willing to be traded to CAROLINA

Woot

Watson finally including the Panthers in his wish list of teams is simply a variation of the old NFL Owner's "I Want a New Stadium or I'll Move to X City" ruse.

This announcement improves the chances that Houston will get what they want, which in turn, gets Watson what he wants.

Anybody that seriously believes Watson has gone through this prolonged, painful battle w/a dysfunctional Houston franchise, only to end up w/a dysfunctional Carolina franchise, is kidding themselves.

TL/DR:  If Watson has any desire left to win, he doesn't want to come to Carolina.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

Mr. Whip-It-Out's agent David Mulugheta is getting seriously desperate 🤣😆

I don't believe the Texans have had one single discussion of any kind with any other team about trading Mr. W.I.O...

...all these smoke screens & leaks coming straight from Mulugheta or other sycophants orbiting around Mr. Whip-It-Out.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Mr. Whip-It-Out's agent David Mulugheta is getting seriously desperate 🤣😆

I don't believe the Texans have had one single discussion of any kind with any other team about trading Mr. W.I.O...

...all these smoke screens & leaks coming straight from Mulugheta or other sycophants orbiting around Mr. Whip-It-Out.

Mr whip it out 

Mr whip it out 

Mr whip it out

Shut the fug up already 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Hmm… so what changed between the time he said he didn’t want to play in Carolina and now? It’s not like the team has made upgrades besides a couple new staff members. 

Nothing changed, because he never said that

It was only the same few posters who kept pushing the, "Watson doesn't want to come here" narrative.  

It was never reported that Watson wouldn't waive his no-trade clause for Carolina.  All that was ever said was that as of the moment, Watson hadn't waived it (not that he would never do it).  Because guess what?  Miami was his #1 choice.  It never had anything to do with him flat-out not wanting to come to Carolina... but the same posters kept pushing that same narrative no matter how many times it was disputed.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

I don't think we do anything until Watson is in the clear legally. Maybe we have a Huddle lawyer who can guess as to what might happen? There is zero chance that any team would offer three 1st round picks and multiple second rounders imo. That's insane. We'll make a reasonable offer when/if Watson is in the clear legally.

It’s virtually impossible to guess what will happen, the amount of and specific information needed is not something everyone is privy to - and aside from that very important factor, you simply can’t guess what a jury, judge, state prosecutor will do when presented with such information, course the latter would be easier to do with the former, but still not fail proof.

That said, it would be incredibly stupid a try and obtain Watson before his legal situation plays out unless there is some sort of clause, but even a clause would be very complicated if not impossible due to retroactive and obviously unequal capital ie specific draft picks and capital that cannot simply be replaced. This probably isn’t as simple as a ‘conditional pick’.

Another personal perspective point from someone with experience - settling is the only way at this point. He is not innocent. You simply do not have this kind of case with nothing. You do not have this kind of magnitude with nothing. It would not be allowed. Problem is, some victims are refusing to settle. This actually might be a rare instance where some care about the truth out there more than money. That tends to happen when you have a mass amount of victims vs. a couple. All it takes is one. 

Some are even willing to take the money and drop the charges with the exception that the truth/evidence is allowed to come out (refusing nondisclosures), but won’t do so otherwise. Watson has refused this. Funny, isn’t that?

So in essence I can’t begin to fathom anyone, even amateurs, in the legal realm that would advise for this without it being resolved. Then you have what the NFL will do which is a whole other topic. 

It is a monumentally horrific notion and the fact some huddlers even consider this absolutely blows my mind.

• Pie 2