• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I prognosticate Panthers draft day.

Zod

Looking into my crystal ball.

Matt Rhule will need three starters out of this draft to have a chance at saving his job.

Therefore...

a) A QB won't be selected.

b) At least one trade down is likely.

Unfortunately, the 6th pick this year isn't as valuable as other years thanks to a weaker draft class.

The Panthers will end up with two late first round picks and one late second round pick. They also might pick up a third round pick and have a well rounded draft. 

Im tellling you right now, it might be all offensive line. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • The D 2

It should be all OL. If we can get 3 LEGIT starters out of this draft we might have a chance at not sucking.

But I agree, Rule doesn't have the luxury of developing a young QB (not that he's capable of it anyway) and he also can't risk drafting a QB and hoping he's ready to go out of the gate. So QB probably won't be the pick at 6.

All that to say.... Our first pick will probably be another corner.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 6

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It should be all OL. If we can get 3 LEGIT starters out of this draft we might have a chance at not sucking.

But I agree, Rule doesn't have the luxury of developing a young QB (not that he's capable of it anyway) and he also can't risk drafting a QB and hoping he's ready to go out of the gate. So QB probably won't be the pick at 6.

Anybody know what McAdoo's track record is like with developing young QBs?

• Pie 1

They should have done that last year. Now they are going to make up for lost picks with a trade back and find 3 starters in this draft after not having one start more than 3 games last season? 

I would say they need to do it for me to belive it. Expecting Erving or Elf to start again is a very bad start to the process.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I definitely agree with everything you said other than a legit chance of not sucking. No matter how much our line improved we will still suck with Darnold at QB 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Matt Rhule will need three starters out of this draft to have a chance at saving his job.

Therefore...

Unfortunately, the 6th pick this year isn't as valuable as other years thanks to a weaker draft class.

The Panthers will end up with two late first round picks and one late second round pick. They also might pick up a third round pick and have a well rounded draft. 

Who is moving to 6 and for what?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Therefore...

That would be the best possible outcome. 

45 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Nah. The Panthers will shock everyone by finally taking that first round TE at 6. 😆

I still think ,  after observing Rhules 2021 draft,, we can't rule out Long Snappers with our first pick.  Rhule is drooling over these 4. 😆  IF we trade back, we'll never get these guys ..

Cal Adomitis ,Pitt..  

Damon Johnson ,  USC

Erik Dickerson, Arz St

John Taylor, Duke 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I definitely agree with everything you said other than a legit chance of not sucking. No matter how much our line improved we will still suck with Darnold at QB 

I said legit starters might give us a chance, not a legit chance. Just a chance. If they can keep darnold from freaking out and if he doesn't lose his security blanket (CMC) then he might be more of what we saw the first few weeks.

I don't want to take that risk, though.

• Pie 1