• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton restructured

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Am I not right in thinking at one time recently we had a decent amount of cap space? WTF did we do?

It's like we sent the kids to the store and they came back with a six pack of Tab, two bags of Cool Ranch Doritos and $1.38 in loose change.

Is this the crap we have to show for close to $200 million??? Of the top 3 we have effin' Sam Darnold and Robby Anderson??? I know, I know Shaq Thompson is #2 between those guys but he's more valuable than the two of them put together! 

Do I read it right that we've got $14 million in dead money tied up in Matt Paradis, Haason Reddick and Tre Boston???

You pretty much answered your own question. Those deals, and many more. But the organizations favorite motto of “it seemed like a good idea at the time” that was proclaimed with all these moves led to the current situation. 

And anyone pointing these problems out as they happened was blasted by the “echo chamber” as negative trolls. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Moton cap hit for the next three years will now be 24+M/year. But who needs cap space when you’re getting fired anyhow.

Right. I mean it's semi the saints way, but unlike a team that was planning on deep playoff runs, we are killing future cap space for a lost year coming up. If anything, this year and likely next are the smart years to front load contracts.... So if you are better in the future, you have space when you need it

28 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It's really something that the team not only sucks as they do and yet has so little space, but that this is sort of a Carolina tradition at this point.

Thats how you know you are TRULY a shitty ass organization from top to bottom.  On here I usually try to give the professionals the benefit of the doubt, but this franchise has ben ran ridiculously bad for far too long.  We have no franchise LT, no franchise QB, no DE with a huge contract, which usually take the biggest bites out of a teams cap, yet somehow we STILL have no fuging money to spend.  Its maddening. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Daley needs to be off the team. This is the problem when you have a coach in a lane duck season. He is going to ruin our future salary cap in order to try to save his job. If every player is available by trade, we might as well have a new coach/possibly GM in anyway. Let them decide if young players are part of the future of the team or not.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Daley needs to be off the team. This is the problem when you have a coach in a lane duck season. He is going to ruin our future salary cap in order to try to save his job. If every player is available by trade, we might as well have a new coach/possibly GM in anyway. Let them decide if young players are part of the future of the team or not.

I would be surprised if he wasn't cut 

• Beer 2

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Totally expected.  converted base salary to bonus, which spreads the hit out.  

Shaq is probably next, then an extension for DJ.  They may get another 10m from these.

Hopefully this is for a solid FA G and not for a vet QB.  If Christensen is ready to start at LT, we pick up a good G in FA, then trade back in the first and draft another G, our line should be vastly improved with some decent coaching.

Use the trade-back for a developmental QB in the second and we're truly building for the future.

• Pie 1